2.5g Office Pico

To remove the spot light effect, only use optics on the outer most lights. The flood from the LEDs without optics will remove the color banding. It's hard to say with a tank that size but you have plenty of lighting for sure to do so and just put your light intensive corals under the LEDs with optics. I think you'll be happy with the results.

I actually just did something like this and you're right it definitely helped. I know have 5 royal blues with 80 degree optics and in the middle I put 1 cool white with no lens and the color blend is way better! Hopefully that left enough light in the tank but time will tell.

its plenty to be honest, those leds are 3watts a piece; and if you tuned them to run 700ma-900ma, running 6 on a 2.5 is overkill but you can house pretty much anything you want including sps as long as your water parameters are in check. I have a 75g and I only have 48 leds on mine but have no troubles. Your tank is very unique, when I get the home office setup, I would like to have one on my desk similar to yours :)

I was thinking the same thing...the corals I have are doing good but all softies so far. I haven't seen much growth besides the Kenya tree but the zoas and mushrooms seem happy. I can't get the ricordia to stay put because I have too much flow. GSP is starting to open up pretty good but no growth yet. Pods are everywhere. Hopefully the don't totally take over the tank.

I bought a luffa scrub brush you would shower with just for the purpose of mounting mushrooms and rics. Get one, cut a square big enough to blanket the coral, and twist tie it with a rubber band. trick is to make sure theres some subtrate or a small rock for it to plant itself too in the net you created. give it a bout a week or so and check to see if it planted or not. it so, remove it, if not continue until it does. The kenya tree will spread like fire so keep it trimmed back.

thanks for the advice. The kenya tree does grow super quick I've already trimmed it back twice. I like the way it looks until I can get some frogspawn or a torch or something in there with some movement but I'm definitely keep an eye on it.

I loved mine, thought it was unique looking until it wilted on me and then suddenly died. now that its gone i dont miss it, made room for pretty chalices :D

Just a few updates. I haven't added anything in a while but wanted to share some pics.

FTS - I've blended my lights a lot better since the last pics but they still look more blue in the pic than in person.
photo1-8_zpscbc3755f.jpg

Great Coraline Algae growith on the filter return and some of the rock. This took forever in my last tank so I'm pretty excited about this at only 2 months.
photo2-7_zps148f671e.jpg

Green Zoo's and Red Mushrooms seem to be doing great. Growth from both not no splitting or new polyps yet.
photo3-7_zpsf33d2d27.jpg

Kenya Tree still growing like crazy. About due for another trimming.
photo4-8_zpsdb9fe1de.jpg

Green Star Polyps and Ricordia. Ricordia only seems to be maintaining but the Green Star Polyps have gone from about 7 polyps to almost 20.
photo6-4_zpsf99cd004.jpg

Side view of the Zoos.
photo5-5_zpse53b05a3.jpg

My phone doesn't seem to be taking very good pictures so I'm going to try to bring my good camera into work this week and take some more shots.

Also, Might be going back to a newbie question here but what are the little swirly white guys on the rock and glass? Never really knew what they were but I have a lot of them. Are they some sort of snail or worm?

A few Pics. I actually grabbed a few with my camera instead of my phone and they look a lot more like the real color of the tank. Crab was hanging out as well so I snagged a few pics!

IMG_1935_zpsf1f9c0f7.jpg

IMG_1961_zps2fce6122.jpg

IMG_1958_zps6254f848.jpg

IMG_1948_zpsc3ab1bc9.jpg

IMG_1946_zps8fa68203.jpg

IMG_1944_zpsa77a39e9.jpg

IMG_1942_zps3d1b1ff7.jpg

Looks great. I like the color rendition on the lights.
Pictures taken with my phone also end up being too blue.

But you have to be careful with your stocking selection:
"A Kenya Tree and a GSP walk into a pico..."

Back