2 additionas

cthegame

Reef enthusiast
I just picked up 10 chromis for $25 and blue xenia.

anything specific i should know about the blue xenia in terms of care?

Thanks.

ooops i mistyped the title

WOW 10 chromis? Sounds like an extremly good price though.

I had xenia and it did great for a long time till I upgraded to MH then it melted away. So if you have metal halides and the store didn't then I would try to acclimate them to the new light.

How much did you pay for the blue xenia. Around here it is nuts, like 40 or higher for 1 stock from a club member. I don't think it is much different from any other kind except it doesn't pump.

Blue Xenia is just like any other Xenia when it come to keeping it alive.The only difference is the color.

I read that blue xenia is a slower grower and has similar req. as the white kind. Put them low in your tank under MH. Congrats! Thats a good deal you got on all that

I have a total of 14 fish now but the 10 chromis are really tiny.3 or 4 of them together are about the same size as one of my cardinals. In fact the cardinal tried to pick at the smallest one but they all stick together.

really, i count all 10 as a total of probably 2 or 3 normal size fish. They are tiny.

I got the blue xenia for $20

Make that 9 chromis, my cardinal just ate the smallest one lol

its still in his mouth. Pretty sure he wont be able to get the larger ones

here are the pics

blue xenia:

PIC_0039.JPG

PIC_0036.JPG

Chromis. I like how their color is both green & blue:

PIC_0052.JPG

PIC_0051.JPG

PIC_0050.JPG

I didn't know cardinals were so aggressive. Every time I see one in a tank they just kinda float around with no care in the world.

same here. I just turned off my lights and i see the cardinal is terrorizing the little chromis. Im going to remove him. I honestly had no idea i would be dealing with an aggressive cardinal.

Back