2 showed up on my LR

Blindloser1080

Reefing newb
Hey all, two of these showed up on some LR I bought the other day. What species are they? are they good or bad? Mine look exactly like this. Sorry my camera died.
gh_pink-tip-anemone-001-sm.jpg

Thanks!

Josh
http://www.greghiller.com/images/gh_pink-tip-anemone-001-sm.jpg

Well, I let the guy I bought my LR from know what ended up in his extra rock tank. They came from his display tank, and ended up in the extra. I searched all over Seattle for Joes Juice, or Aiptasia X and couldn't find any. So I officially ordered my Aiptasia X today after reading reviews on it. Hopefully this will cure it.

Also! I had the light off and looked around the tank and saw lil white shrimp like things running around the rock this evening. I believe these are amphipods (looking at pictures and such) looks like things are starting to go good except for the mojanos.

I spoke to my LFS today and they said they don't spread like the aiptasia do, and that I shouldn't look at getting any more LR or get any fish until I get it taken care of. That way it gets a smaller chance of spreading to the new LR.

I beg to disagree with your LFS. They spread very fast. Majano killed 99% of the corals in my 240 gallon tank. I started with one, and they had multiplied in the thousands within a year. But he is right to take care of them ASAP. They are much easier to deal with when you've got less in the tank to work around.

1 down 1 to go......i turned off my lights and noticed that a few hours later, one of them had crawled off the rock, over the sand, and onto the glass.....so i turned on the light, waited for him to crawl back on the sand and scooped him out of the tank. He didnt know what hit him! :) One more left. Aiptasia X should be here on the 2nd :)

Update:

So I got my aiptasia X in the mail yesterday and decided to try it out. Man this stuff is sweet! Did exactly what the destructions said and watched the lil bugger basically implode and shrink down to barely anything within a few hours. Is it sad that I had an evil laugh as i was doing it? :death:

So it looks like it is officially gone......(crosses fingers)

the first time i spurted api-x in my tank i did the same evil laugh, i think its part of the process of it working :)

Back