2 true percula clownfish. 1 has slimeness of the skin help!

ADT

Reefing newb
:frustrat:the one that i am talking about has a pach about 1 cm just above the gill plate. what should i do?:

well first attempt to isolate the reason behind it then attempt to resolve the issue ok first tell me about your tank and your params. How is your water flow, surface agitation, filteration do you have a skimmer?

i purchased the fish yesterday and the fish looked fine in the store but when i turned on the light and i noticed the problem.

ok well that is not good. Have you noticed any of the following Flicking or rubbing, rapid gasping/gill movement, stays at the surface?

Slime disease affects the skin of the fish, coating it with an excessive layer of slime. If untreated, as with most diseases, it can kill fish. It can be treated with Methylene Blue, an antiseptic, widely available in all good pet suppliers.

i seemed to have halted its advance and the film is coming off the fish and its resumed swiming around the tank and eating.

Many fish illnesses (pop eye, fin rot, cloud eye, open sores, body slime, etc) can be treated with melafix. It is safe with inverts, but seems to do best in a concentrated "dip" in a clean bucket. De-chlorinate some warm tap water and add a dose of melafix into the freshwater. Dip your fish in the mixture for 5-7 minutes. take them out and plop them back into your tank. I have been dipping my fish for years and they all love it - kinda like a refreshing bath for us. Hope this helps.

-Dr Marco:sfish:

Back