2 weeks 15G aquarium

Aquamex

Reefing newb
Hello guys,

I'm new to saltwater tanks, it is my first attempt and hopefully will succeed with this great community of experts and hobbyists.

So this is my tank, these are my fishes saluting at you.

Cheers...

Attachments

• IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 301
  • DGOBY.jpg
    DGOBY.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 317
  • CFISH.jpg
    CFISH.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 326
By the way, i got 2 purple rounded things in a rock, ¿any idea what could they be? attaching pictures, although they are a bit blurry..

Attachments

• things.jpg
    things.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 313
Hello and welcome to the site... glad to have you aboard. Do you have a red light bulb over your tank, that's making your tank look red? And sorry, but I can't make out the second pic at all. My first guess was maybe mushroom corals.

Hello and welcome to the site... glad to have you aboard. Do you have a red light bulb over your tank, that's making your tank look red? And sorry, but I can't make out the second pic at all. My first guess was maybe mushroom corals.

Yes its red and it sucks, the LFS is replacing the T5 bulb for a 50 50 white blue when they have it in stock.

here is an other picture of the thing, i guess its not important but it looks creepy, kinda those gigantic worms from starwars hahaha..

Attachments

• IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 319
Just so you know, if your tank hasn't run it's cycle yet, I'd take the fish out and bring it back to the LFS. It's very cruel to put a fish through a cycle when you can use a piece of dead shrimp from a food store too do it. Other then that, welcome aboard, and happy reefing! :)

Just so you know, if your tank hasn't run it's cycle yet, I'd take the fish out and bring it back to the LFS. It's very cruel to put a fish through a cycle when you can use a piece of dead shrimp from a food store too do it. Other then that, welcome aboard, and happy reefing! :)

Hi,

I am aware of the needed cycle, I know its not complete but we used active sand from a cycled tank and about 50% of the water too so the bacteria population it's already there.
Before adding the fish the parameters were tested and they were ok, If they start acting weird I will definitely take them back to the LFS and wait a few weeks, hopefully there wont be any spike at this stage...

Cheers..!

Back