2008 Salt Test Results

There are some issues with this company. They are also a salt manufacturer, so the results are somewhat questionable. There is a huge thread on RC that was started a year or so ago when AWT announced they were going to run the tests.

That online salt testing is pretty interesting. Get your results emailed to you in 3 days or so for a few bucks? Might be an interesting way to double check your own at-home testing

but i think mailing your water to someone will throw off the results because the water temperature will not be the same as it is in the tank, so that throws off your pH reading, water could evaporate causing your water to have a higher SG reading therefor throwing off all of your other tests. so i suggest you just test your self or go to a LFS

I was wondering that but they don't test PH.
I wonder if 2-3 days will matter for calcium, mag, alk, po4, etc? If the container is sealed it shouldn't evaporate.

Nothing will happen to your water when you send it. Again, there are issues with this company and their testing proceedures. Randy Holmes-Farley questioned how some of the results were obtained and I guess he wasn't satisfied with their responses. If you search RC, you will find lots of threads about AWT.
The VP of my reef club sent in a sample and he wasn't thrilled about the results.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=awt+site%3Awww.reefcentral.com

Last edited:
good to know. Thanks ccCapt. Do you know of any good water testing sites? I'd be interested to do a real analysis and not one by my LFS with the same API testing kit that I use.

Back