2009 Nano Build Contest!

It's not a standard 10 gallon. Does that matter?

My tank is almost the same dimensions as a "normal" 10 gallon that has been placed on one side. The dimensions of a standard 10 gallon tank are 20"Lx10"Wx12"H mine is 12"L X 12"W X 20H" according to the site I got the plans from this will be a 12 gallon tank. The height is crucial to the horses but I guess I could cut one of the sides down if necessary.

C

HEY, Nano Builders, Let's hear about your tank. What's going on Daugherty, RyanG, Alexander, Bobby, Sharkie? How about some pics? Oh, I know, your worried that you'll be beaten into the ground by a couple girls but we'll take it easy on you for a little while longer. Let's hear it, what's happening?

Catherine

i am just being slow. i dont have very much money so i am trying t build slow and every time i go to the lfs to get something they dont have anything i want for the tank. i may try to get some gsp for it. but the big problem that i have run into is i am finding i dnt have the time to take care of it the way it should be taken care of

Maybe it's just me being girly but I really like to read about the decisions people make for their tanks and why they are making them. I guess I'm a romantic, every tank tells a story, what's yours? Did you make that light? I LOVE IT, how did you do that? How are your xenia's doing? Why is your tank needing so much maintaining, just a few corals, right? Maybe we can help problem solve? Your set up looks awesome! Maybe we can do some swapping to help keep costs down? I don't want to sound like I'm nagging but we're kind of in this together and it's hard to help if we don't know the problem right? Do you want some photography help? It's like in little league baseball, let's hear some chatter!

Catherine
Can you tell I was a High School Art Teacher/ Cheer Coach?

Ive been having to take it slow, our LFS here have like... NO CORALS what-so-ever so my lil clowney is just swimming in the 10 currently... plus i just moved so we had to figure out a way to move a 10g without emptying it ;) it was actually not as bad as the other tanks..

i'll be getting paid friday tho and may order some stuff from online :) biffs corals were awesomeeeee

Just a friendly reminder everyone. 2/1/10 was the cutoff for adding livestock! I am wiling to make some exceptions, ex: you need some more cuc like snails and crabs due to some dying off or not having enough.... however it is just for a really needed basis. Other inverts like shrimp, urchins, or sea apples (hopefully not in a 10) would disqualify as something like that could easily win votes based on look. we dont see snails and crabs too much, and lets face it hermits and cerith snails are not that visually appealing compared to the rest of the sw world.

If anyone has disagreeances with the exception of basic cuc please speak up, I dont want to upset any participants.

replacing cuc I figured was a given. If someone wins over having the best hermit then I am on the wrong forum lol

My poor RG, Chester, he used to stay out all the time, now being moved so many times in the last few weeks, I NEVER see him. He's been thoroughly traumatized.

Back