2009 Nano Build Contest!

It's okay Ted, no one usually responds to my pictures either :( I've got to do something to grab the voters' attention. Like adding a stingray to it...

Sorry Ted. I guess I'm getting too lax here on the forum. I usually try to show my support by posting something. At least you're still in this one.

Ill post some this week, feel lame doing so as my tank is a total flop as I was unable to really stock it over the winter. Its a baron lame glass box.... but ill still finish the racfe.

I am still around. I just got out of the hospital and the tank is still ok so I am still in. A little thing like almost dying isnt going to keep me out of this contest. :Cheers:

well I hate to admit it but I have been having alot of problems in my marriage. I went to see a doctor and was put on some meds. Well apparently the medication made it worse. I had a manic episode. I dont know exactly what happened but I took alot of medication all at one time. I dont have any memories of the last five days all I know is I woke up in a psyc ward and I apparently almost died. I am not sure if it was a actual sucicde attempt but apparently I didnt want to live. I know this is vague as hell but I actually dont know what happened just what I was told. They put me on different medication and I feel alot better I just have to try to get back on track on a bunch of different stuff in my life. I have no idea if my marriage is going to make it out of this. I am willing to try to get some help for us however she doesnt know if she can do that or not. I think that was part of the problem before all this happened. It seems to have been what actualy triggered it. I could go into a lot more detail but dont realy think it is approprate on a reef forum. I know it sounds werid as hell but to be honest the people here are some of my best friends I have and have missed everyone very much just talking about fish. Anyway I am better now and I am taking a few more days off of work to get my shit together.

Wow Ted, I'm so glad you are feeling better. No matter what happens with your marriage, I think I can safely speak for everyone here and say that we are really happy that you are back with us. I'm flattered that you consider us friends. I consider you a friend too, and I hate to hear when a friend is having problems. We're here for you if you need it -- a lot of us use this forum for support other than for our fish tanks. That's okay. When you need someone to talk to, we are here. So I'm so glad you will be back talking about fish again with us :D

Thanks Sarah, I knew that yall would be supportive, I wish I could go into more detail but I worry about my work getting wind of this and that would be a bad thing I would think. I just have to take everything one day at a time and trust the Doctors. My kids are ok, or as well as can be for now. They where very worried as was my family the werid thing was my wife never even came to the hospital. There are a lot of issues there that get very werid. Whats really strange is according to her I am the one with the problem. Whatever, I think for the first time in my life I have to actually worry about me more then anyone else. This is going to be very strange to me. In twenty years I have always put my self last on the order of importance and I just cant do that any more

I think you definitely need to focus on yourself right now. You have to help yourself get better. You can have the best doctors in the world, but they won't be able to help you if you are not focused on helping yourself.

About your wife not coming to see you in the hospital, that sucks. That must have been horrible. But she is dealing with a lot now too. Maybe it was all too much for her to handle. Some people don't handle difficulties like this very well. Instead of dealing with it, they shut down. It sounds like she just was unable to see you in that state and that it would be too upsetting to her. Your wife is a grown woman. If she is mature as well, she will understand that you need to put your priorities elsewhere for a while. Only once you make yourself happy can you be able to make someone else happy too.

Ted, i am really glad you are ok! If you ever need to talk feel free to PM. There are several of us on here going through tough times right now and it helps to know that you have a friend that can relate. You are not alone!

Sorry to hear Ted! But it is good to have you back on here. Take whatever time you need for personal issues. We will be around here so just take your time.

Back