2009 Nano Build Contest!

You all are losers. I'm planning on building my own solar panel system with reflectors and lenses to harness, focus and magnify natural sunlight into my tank. When the sun hits just the right angle in the sky... My fish will burst into flames one by one. It will be the greatest display of underwater fireworks that any of you have ever seen. A surefire contest winner.

Hey great idea. Then you could go with one of those mangrove (sp) plants sticking out of the top to finish off the motif! :lol:

Last edited:
i'm pretty stoked about this nano build.... my only thing is that i think it'd be more fun if it were 6 months.... 1 year is just too long..... it's going to be 9 months through 2010 before the 2009 contest is over... and then there's no chance of a different style build next year...

haha... i wish.

i think it'd be funny to do a recession build. everyone has a budget of like $150 to buy and build a complete 150g system, and like $50 completely stock it.

but hey, i don't want this to get off topic. anyone want to brag about their plans? :P

Hey everyone. I know I haven't been Around much lately but I wanted to jump on and remind all of our lovely contratents that the build pa right around the corner so get ready! :)

here ye here ye! just another reminder, the first of the month is right around the corner. please dont forget we have a sweet little contest coming up that i am very excited about!

Back