2010 pico contest!

Which 3-gallon setup would you prefer to be used in the contest?

• PICOTOPE

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • DECO KIT

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm assuming the prize will be similar to what Ted got ( a 29g BioCube, right?). That's the main reason I'm so excited about this contest. If the prize is lame, I probably won't participate :D

As far as the prize, i am not sure what it will be at the moment. i would like to have someting cool however there was a complication with the nano contest prize based on a promised donation that fell through. At this point I will be shooting for a prize but unconfirmed until there is a purchased/donated prize in hand not just a promise.

I voted picotope too. Glass is way better.

do we know what the time frame on this contest is going to be?

im thinking about starting it around the same time. probably like August or September. What do you guys think?

This is a great idea. I'm for sure in. I voted for the Pico just due to the glass. Better lights would be a plus but you get what you get.

Alexander I'm willing to donate some for a prize. We need a good prize to keep people interested and doing the best they can. Will you be posting the official rules anytime soon?

I voted picotope! I think august would be good... I'll be in my apartment and we're not supposed to have pets... BUUTTT whats one itty bitty 3 gallon tank right?! I mean, i can always use my "its for school and part of my class learning for my final" excuse right?! ;)

Is it ok if i put some dry sand and rock in a bucket and start cycling them? I would like to dwarf sea horses and they are easilly killed by hydroids so i have to start with everything being dry, plus bristle worms can also sting them to death.

I hope so, I've already started mine. You might want to throw a piece of raw table shrimp in there too, little fish. Or you can use the ammonia method.

C

When would this contest start/end? I may be in the process of moving while this is happening (again! LOL always with the moving!) and I may not have my apartments clearance of this BUT if I do what time frame are we thinking? I move in aug and move back out in jan.... I wanna do this too! :D I saw one of hte picos at petsmart today and they are gonna be easy to setup :)

I'd love to do dwarf sea horses too but if thats what everyone else is doing.. :p

I would be willing to have a $15-$20 entry fee to help sweeten the prize a little ( or just generally handle it's cost ). Is anyone opposed to an entry fee?

I'd love to do dwarf sea horses too but if thats what everyone else is doing.. :p

Sharkie how would you feed them? I'm doing a dwarf tank and the idea of hatching brine every day is daunting to me. Do you have a steady supply of baby brine shrimp at your aquarium?

C

Sharkie how would you feed them? I'm doing a dwarf tank and the idea of hatching brine every day is daunting to me. Do you have a steady supply of baby brine shrimp at your aquarium?

C

at the AQ we feed live brine 5-7 times a day.... we have a HUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEE tower just filled with pyhto and brine and all sorts of other live crap.... its like the one room you don't want to work in... there are tubes that run all over to certain places and then the rest of the time you take a bucket and fill up with the stuff and then run like crazy to feed them LOL. our ponies get live brine and they are enriched with a few different vitamins. all i know is that they are a PITA to keep alive... we've gone through quite a bit just because they aren't very good at adapting to a tank styled life even tho they've got it good LOL.

I think that would be my only downfall of doing dwarf ponies because there is a lot more work involved than I had originally thought. When I had first posted a while back about making a pony tank I hooked up with our sea horse team to see just what I would be facing.... Theres no way down south that I could create the constant supply they need....working 40+ hours a week, school, and having to share with my roomies I dont think they want the whole apartment or fridge taken up by my fish stuff! LOL

Back