2010 pico contest!

Which 3-gallon setup would you prefer to be used in the contest?

• PICOTOPE

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • DECO KIT

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mentioned this pico tanks to the guys at my lfs store and one of them said he had had one. He highly suggested upgrading to a 12 watt light, he said he was having issue keeping anything more than mushrooms with the light it comes with.

I mentioned this pico tanks to the guys at my lfs store and one of them said he had had one. He highly suggested upgrading to a 12 watt light, he said he was having issue keeping anything more than mushrooms with the light it comes with.

Good information. Deco is looking better and better. :sfish:

You will do as I say or you will not compete muahahahaha :) its definitely a tough choice here. Obviously the pico is outvoting, but definitely lacks the equipment side (personally I think it'll be fine, its a damn 3 gallon) but that deco is so damn ugly, I can't imagine that on my desktop!

I would seriously be okay with either of them. I mean, it's a $10 difference. And yes, the more expensive one is uglier. But I think once you have a little mini-reef going in there to focus on, maybe you won't notice the details of what the tank looks like?

I would love to participate! But I'm not so sure if that is really the best decision for me atm lol... already taking a lot of grief from the gf about this hobby =(

But if I were to participate I think I would vote for the Deco Kit, the better filter/lights would pan out to better overall growth and success for every1 which would give us a better competition! :) And as for looks, maybe the picture of the deco kit doesn't do justice... it even looks small but they are both 3gal so its not... As Biff said, I think it will look impressive with the mini reef B)

But I don't want to vote unless I was to decide to participate xD It just wouldn't be right...

btw, what is the poll at?

Fo sho, I voted Pico, because it looks better, and 3g tank you could probably burn a candle over it and get something to grow. And 40g/hr flow is over 10x turnover(plenty).

I'm deff in if we can start at the end of August or Sept sometime(gotta buy the thing). I also vote for no mods since well thats less money for coral and my otter. I was planning on adding a tank to my office desk so this is perfect.

Back