2010CamaroGirl Tanks evolutions

2010CamaroGirl

laser light + fish= fun!!
So the following pics are what my tanks have gone through.
My 10 gal fw has not changed that much with exception of the aerator changing to a bubble curtain that is now on the side of the tank. The assorted mollies love it there a lot more and swim through it and it makes less of a mess as well :D Also I went from plastic plants to silk type plants which are easier to clean and maintain although more expensive to buy but last longer and look way better and my fish seem to like them a lot better. Once I get back home I will take more pics and post them.
My 37 gal fw has change a lot since it was first set up as you can see from all the pics I have posted of it. I had several different fish to include some gorgeous gouramis, tetras, corydoras, and plecos. Unfortunately I deployed and came home to a "red tide" as my husband way overfed the tank and almost everything except for the tetras died. :grumble: I had to totally drain the tank scrub everything down and start from scratch which is the reason for the decor change and after a few minor reoccurances of red algae and trying to repopulate with gouramis and plecos my 37 gal became a tetra tank. Since then I have come to admire tetras and have tried to populate my tank with several differnt types to include black skirts, long fin or fancy, red minor serpae, and gold skirts. Again I changed the plastic plants out and put in several silk plants to my fishy's delight and put in a bubble curtain which the tetras love to play in. I also have a uv sterilizer that I have in this tank as originally i was going to set this tank up as a saltwater after the red tide ordeal but decided to upgrade to a bigger tank. After purchasing the uv sterilizer I could not bring it back to the store without the reciept which of course I lost :frustrat: so I decided wth I'll stick it in the tank and see what happens...well my water has never been so damn clear!!!! It really keeps the algae down and cuts down my cleaning time! Although my tetras love it when I clean the tank and play around with my hands :bounce: they are quite cute and I have come to love those little guys no matter how tempermental they can be sometimes. My oldest ones..the three that survived the red tide are now almost two or more inches long and are the big mamma jamma's of the tank and will go as far as taking food out of the others mouths!!! Oh does anyone else but a little aquarium salt in with thier tetras? Mine seem to enjoy a little in the tank and if its low I can immediately tell a difference in them?!
My 75gal saltwater FOWLR came about b/c of the red tide lol I was going to set up the 37 gal as a saltwater but decided to go bigger and better and so glad that I did :D Patience is not something that I have a lot of but I wanted to make sure that everything was as close to perfect as possible before adding fish especially being a newb I didn't want to kill an entire tank no matter if it was a damselfish or not. So I think it was almost three months before I put my 2 blue and 2 dominos in lol but I'm glad I waited and set up my rocks and got my parameters right and got used to water changes and mixing salt and checking sg beforehand instead of having to do it in an emergency. Now I have corals and turbos and hermits and I look forward to stocking some more fish and inverts!!!!
So enjoy the pics and I'll make sure to post more in a couple of months when I get back if nothing else dies lol :sfish:
Oh and yes.... the last pic is of my camaro as requested as it is now and not as it came from the dealer :coolgleem

Attachments

• 10gal initial.jpg
    10gal initial.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 37galinitial.jpg
    37galinitial.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 325
  • tetratanknow.jpg
    tetratanknow.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 75galday.jpg
    75galday.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 330
  • 75galnite.jpg
    75galnite.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 346
  • bulletproof.jpg
    bulletproof.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 455
Lol well she's definitely not stock anymore if that's what you mean...3 months after I got her I put in magnaflow catback 2.5" comp series exhaust with a muffler delete, kooks 1 7/8" long tube headers, magnacharger tvs 2300, roto-fab cai, short throw shifter, stabilizer braces, trailing arms, stut braces, various interior and exterior mods, new ram air hood which meant I had to redo the vinyls and ended up having to paint on the stripes which lead to me extending them in the front and onto the backend down the trunk a little.

Oh and I still have more I want to do when I get back from Afghanistan :) but for now I'm at 550 rwhp and 565 torque....for now

speaking of getting back on topic has anyone ran a uv in a fw tank before? as you can see from the two diff pics of my 37gal there is a big diff in the water clarity and I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them
Also about the aquarium salt in with the tetras and mollies...they really seem to enjoy a little in thier tanks and I can tell a diff in thier apperance and attidtudes when the levels are getting low...just a little gee whiz I wonder if question is all...spanks :)

btw camaro girl, i like your rock scaping in your saltwater tank. do yourself a favor and never move those rocks, otherwise youll never place them back the same way...even if you take photos, they never seem to fit back in place.

thanks...just started piling them up and taking them down and they eventually ended up as you see them now....like how the tow rocks ended up making a small hole/cave...my dominos love to swim in and out of it all the time especially when i take a laser and chase them around with it lol. Had to move them a little to accomodate the skimmer that got put in on the left hand side of the tank but only had to move one rock.

Back