220 Gallon Ghost Town

chuck78

The Reefanatic
In the midst of chatting with little_fish, it dawned on me that I never managed to post a pic of any my tanks. Well, here's my 220. Too bad everyone's in the qtank right now. I'll upload new pics when everyones back home. Pics were taken with android phone so sorry for poor quality. I can't find my digi cam.

image upload

upload pictures

jpg upload

Last edited:
I made sure to add plenty of big caves,cubies & alcoves. I also have a powerhead behind all the rockwork so that no food or detritus gets to settle back there. There's alot more swiming room behind those rocks than it looks. I used Thorite Cement for most of my scaping. It sets in 6-7 hrs & is totally reef safe. No leeching chemicals or ph spikes. Carl Swaby mentions the use of thorite in his Reef Video on utube.

Q-Tank Inhabitants : Achillies Tang (8") - Powder Blue Tang (6") - Naso Blonde Tang (5") - Sailfin Tang (4.5") - Cheveron Tang (4") - Scott's Fary Wrasse (5.5") - Coral Beauty (3") - Flame Angel (2.5") - Gold Bar Clownfish (3") - GHS Goby (3")
Green Dragonette (3"). I have a 55 gallon & 3 29 gallon qtanks up & running. Since I just bought the Achillies, I'm rehoming a Yellow Tang. I'm also rehoming my pair of Purple Firefish to a 55 gallon seahorse tank. I'm "On The Fence" about rehoming the Sailfin b/c of his mature size, but he was my very 1st fish & I feel that I owr him for surviving all my rookie mistakes. I bought him on impulse w/o doing any research on Sailfin's 2.5 years ago:frustrat:

Last edited:
Back