265 Gallon Mixed Reef

Great pics Courtney!

Very nice indeed!

Thanks so much :)

Wow it just keeps getting better and better. Are you happy with your LED's?

Definitely happy with the LEDs. I am totally in love with them on the frag tank, this tank is fine for now but we think it will need more as it grows and fills in. Still not bad considering it only has 72 3 watt LEDs on it which is far less than most people would put on it and the PAR numbers were good, although I would have to rent the meter again to know exact numbers because I dont remember :oops:

Your pictures are amazing! I'm glad I looked at this thread! I think my favorite is the rbta. It's huge! Are you planning on putting sand in the tank?

Hi, I am a new member and looking around getting more knowledge as I go. I am interested in planning slowly for a bigger build once my skills are better. Im not there yet. I love your tank, its about the size I would like to try one day. Who makes the light system your using, and is it controlled by you or automatic it sounds complex. It sounds like it works prefect for corals on bigger tanks. I have heard that the LED's are the new thing.

Hi again, sorry just remember I wanted to ask some of the more experienced members about test kits. What do you prefer to use. I have just been using the paper test strips. I have noticed some posting a graph on post that has all there readings.

Hi again, sorry just remember I wanted to ask some of the more experienced members about test kits. What do you prefer to use. I have just been using the paper test strips. I have noticed some posting a graph on post that has all there readings.
Paper test strips are not very accurate you should try API test kit they are much better than the ones you are using right now. I've been using them since I started my tank and they are good for the price. For the other hand, I have read that Salifert Test Kits are better than API, but I haven't used those yet.

Hi, I am a new member and looking around getting more knowledge as I go. I am interested in planning slowly for a bigger build once my skills are better. Im not there yet. I love your tank, its about the size I would like to try one day. Who makes the light system your using, and is it controlled by you or automatic it sounds complex. It sounds like it works prefect for corals on bigger tanks. I have heard that the LED's are the new thing.

This is a most up to date thread about someone building a 265 gallon reef tank. https://www.livingreefs.com/threads/monkiboys-265g-build-thread.46557/. If you want someone with more knowledge you should read his thread, his doing an amazing job with his tank. :)

Paper test strips are not very accurate you should try API test kit they are much better than the ones you are using right now. I've been using them since I started my tank and they are good for the price. For the other hand, I have read that Salifert Test Kits are better than API, but I haven't used those yet.

Thanks for the info, I had looked at the API kits before, but you still have to buy some additional single kits to add to it to cover everything. But I understand that the concept is more accurate.

This is a most up to date thread about someone building a 265 gallon reef tank. https://www.livingreefs.com/threads/monkiboys-265g-build-thread.46557/. If you want someone with more knowledge you should read his thread, his doing an amazing job with his tank. :)

Thanks I did scan his briefly but need to go back and really read it. But it looks great and allot of time and money invested. But a fun and crazy project. Exactly something I would like to be able to do one day when I am ready.

Back