29 Gallon Fish Only with Live Rock

Crabdaddy

Reefing newb
I currenly have the Marineland LED hood 42 white/8 Blue. Will this be enough light/Watts to keep the LR, crabs, and 1 or 2 clown fish (adding in 2 weeks) or should I look at upgrading now? I am also wanting to start the Corolline before I add the clown fish. The take is also near a window that lets in partial light if that helps.

The reason I am asking is I just want to start a salt water tank with what I have, get a couple items established and if I can sustain this smaller tank it will be an easies sell go spend a bunch of money on a 55 gallon reef tank to my wife.

Thanks in advance,
Jamie

That light will work just fine, there's no minimum requirements for lighting if you're only keeping fish.

You also might want to move that tank away from the window or block the light somehow. That could create an algae bloom. Have you gotten your filtration all sorted out as well? Welcome to the site! :)

My freash water was in the same location and i never had a algea issue. I just though if i needed any addional light i could use the window as a temporary crutch.
I have a 30 Gallon and I believe my filtration is ok. I have 40 lbs of live sand, 35 lbs of live rock, and 50 gallon hang on 3 stage media filter. Any suggestions if i'm off track?
Thanks

The HOB filters are really a freshwater technology. You should ditch it. You'll be fine with water changes.

My tank got quite a bit of sunlight. Never had any algae issues.

Back