29G stand made out of wine box panels

zuatrapatuarte

Reefing newb
Hello Everyone, I thought I would share how I made my stand. It is made from wood wine panels and a few 2x4s.

I also wanted to share that my FOWLR tank has been up and running for 6 months now.

The only issue I've been constantly having is with the two powerheads, the first pair were unbranded from ebay which lasted for about two months. The second pair are Marineland and the suction cups suck, they keep falling off and messing the sand so the water turns a milky color. Now I have them wedge with some rocks until I can get some with magnets.

Other than that I've been having a blast!

9AAABBEA-956A-4CB6-B1FB-104D7BEDB3C5-8286-00000F78BF8ACD7B.jpg

CDAA09E7-D8D4-4EAF-9FB1-680724E5991A-8286-00000F78E749BC76.jpg

A4405E35-B640-47D7-AE93-82C765F4BDB3-8286-00000F78FFF99496.jpg

Good heavens....Are you going to park your car on that thing???? I can't actually say anything, I have a 29 on a massive stand too....The wine crates thamselves would have just about held up a 29G tank and contents....all those 2X4s are going to weigh a lot for the strength actually needed....

all that near incoherent rattling aside I gotta say that is a beautiful idea for skinning the stand....recommend sealing the wood very well, as saltwater will eat it alive....

haha, that's awesome. Definite A+ for creativity. Can't wait to see the tank on it. :)

Plus i love that when i first looked at the front side panels, i thought the name of the wine was "Fellatio". :lol:

Good heavens....Are you going to park your car on that thing???? I can't actually say anything, I have a 29 on a massive stand too....The wine crates thamselves would have just about held up a 29G tank and contents....all those 2X4s are going to weigh a lot for the strength actually needed....

all that near incoherent rattling aside I gotta say that is a beautiful idea for skinning the stand....recommend sealing the wood very well, as saltwater will eat it alive....

Yes it does weigh a bit, I did sealed it.

Back