2XAl's 125 Upgrade

Sump, theres more room than what it looks like:
20130727_202535.jpg

Hi All,
Haven't updated in a while. Things have been going well with the tank. We went on a vacation for a week in August and had a fellow local reefer watch it for us. Came home to some cyano (Damn Hydors the caps broke and were spinning backwards on the wavemaker) I ended up getting a great deal on another 6' T5, except this one has built in timers, much better lights, an actual mounting kit, and brand new ATI's. A few of the corals were really starting to bleach. A week in an it might just be in my head but I think we are already getting color back in a couple of them. I've been doing water changes like crazy (between 10-15% every third day) to get the cyano under control. We had a diamond goby go couch surfing, he must have gotten through a 1.5" diameter hole, crazy,

Here's a cell FTS, you can see the cyano on the bottom left

and heres a pic of our new buddy:

(notice how the cyano is getting worse :grumble::grumble:)

Thanks guys! The diamond goby we got with him jumped the first night. Too bad that fish was awesome. I'll prob give it a week and try again

Be careful with diamond watchmans gobies. They like to bury corals in sand. Your plate coral, could easily be covered and die off. So, keep that in mind. They are great for sand sifting, but, come at a risk. Nassarius snails are much better IMO :)

Be careful with diamond watchmans gobies. They like to bury corals in sand. Your plate coral, could easily be covered and die off. So, keep that in mind. They are great for sand sifting, but, come at a risk. Nassarius snails are much better IMO :)

They do love to sift sand. So does my orange spot, but to a lesser degree than the diamond. I just placed a small pice of LRR under my sand bed corals and it seems to have stopped the burying issue.

Hi all. We lost one of our clowns that weve had for 3 years, very sad. Now I have one lonely clown that has had the same mate for 6+ years. Whats the standard for introducing a new mate, ive seen everything from get one much smaller to try and match the one that passed (3+") I would like to try a black clown but the lfs only has small stuff.

Also, I got a red bta on wednesday that has been sucked in since acclimated to the tank. The color seems fine just not ready to extend yet. I tried feeding on thursday but only one mysis took to the tentacles. advice for that welcome also.

Parameters:
Sg 1.025
Temp 77
nitrates nitrites nh3 0
Dkh 12
ph 8.2
cal 400

Back