3.5 day old tank

tp1011

Reefing newb
Hey guys,
Well I started my 29 biocube using 20 lbs of LR from TBS (very happy with it) I get my other 20 lbs of LR and CUC in a week or two, my ammonia gets up to about .25-.50 ppm then I do a 2- 3 gal WC. Im running the skimmer it came with and getting a fair amount of bubbles a couple times a day my SG is 1.026 Ph 7.8-8.0. What is your guess on how long it will take to cycle I know all tanks are different. Is there anything you guys think I should or could do differently.

thanks, everbody

I started my 120gl just about 3 weeks ago with a piece of shrimp. I've been through the ammonia spike and the nitrite spike and nitrate is settling now at around 10ppm. Diatoms started about a week ago and are now starting to settle down though still very visible. CUC went in about 6 days ago and they are cleaning up the tank really well. It just takes time. The important thing is to test regularly so you know what part of the cycle your tank is in and when it finishes the cycle....Good luck, look forward to some pictures.

Usually a cycle takes 3 weeks or so. It's impossible to say though... Some people skip the cycle altogether. Sometimes it lags on for a month or more.

Back