3 fish RIP in 1 month : /

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
About a month or so ago I bought 2 chromis. Two-three days later they were both dead..never found their body.

Recently I bought a goby. Next day I found it'd body being munched on by some hermits.

I drip acclimate all these fish over an hour, then I net them out and drop them in the tank.

Only other tank mates aside from coral are 2 saddle brown clowns and a red brittle starfish.

When I put the fish in the tank I cut the lights. And I watched the tank for like an hour or so and there were no signs of hostility.

i bet they were fish that were going to die no matter what you did. they cold have just had a hard time in shipping.

Actually I've lost 4 fish total. I forgot about the coral beauty I lost a couple months ago.

I've gotten the chromis and goby from one place, and I got the CB from petland.

The clowns I got from another place, and they're doing great.

Maybe somethings wrong with your water. Test every single water parameter. If you don't have all of the tests take a half gallon of water to the LFS and ask them to test for anything toxic to fish like lead, high nitrates or high copper.

Maybe somethings wrong with your water. Test every single water parameter. If you don't have all of the tests take a half gallon of water to the LFS and ask them to test for anything toxic to fish like lead, high nitrates or high copper.

Water's good. I have two fish living in there just fine and several inverts and coral that are happy and perky. So I don't think it's the water.

I would test for nitrates at least. Some fish are more sensitive to nitrates than others. My blue damsels seemed damn near immune to nitrates but my Mandarin Goby would consistently get sick when nitrates hit 20 while other fish were fine.

Sometimes fish just die for no apparent reason. If everything else is doing okay, then you may just have had bad luck with these fish. It's happened to us all -- fish dies, no signs of problems. Sorry about your fish :(

Back