3 molts in 3 days

So either my two pep's and my CB all molted within 3 days or my CB molted twice and one of my pep's did. Two of the molts looked like the CB and one did not....but i dont understand why a CB would molt that fast or even if he could. He did however loose an arm about 3 weeks ago. Its now back...woohoo...? is, is it stange that all 3 would molt at the same time? Or could my CB molt twice within days of eachother?

P.s i do a water change every month on the day and it's coming up...could that have anything to do with it?

Some have stated that they molt with the cycle of the moon. I think you CB only molted once, :dunno: as they have to have time to grow a new "shell" under the one they have showing.

The presence of too much iodine will cause Shrimps to molt too soon. Is there any way you may have added too much Iodine into your tank? Did you add any trace mineral supplements that might contain iodine?

my cleaner shrimp just molted today, but the pep has not. The pep molted about three weeks ago so maybe in the next couple day it will also. Maybe we should start a thread so we can keep track to see if all the molts happen the same time of month.

My cleaner shrimp molted last night, right on schedule again. I didn't see a molt from the peppermint but he's been in hiding since the neon dottyback started going after him.

When was the full moon? My peppermints molted friday. And when I went to the LFS Monday a bunch of the invert tanks had molts in them.

Back