3 stripe damsel eggs

Pwny

Reefing newb
damseleggs.jpg

so i think my 3 stripe damsels laid eggs on the side of my tank. do these have a chance to hatch or will they get killed b4 that.

I think those are snail eggs. Do you have snails in your tank? Can you get a close up pic of them? Are you sure they're not flatworms?

Last edited:
there only in one spot so i dont think its flatworm and a damsel seams to be garding faning them thats only reasion why i thought that. but ya i have 3 diffrent types of snails, cant get a better pic atm thats with my phone and my camera is broken atm.

Last edited:
damsel2.jpg

i cant get a close up pic but the smaller one without a white spot on its nose will dart in lay a few and then the bigger one watchs them.

no the look more like small white balls slaped on the side of the tank with sticky glue, the damsels still look like there laying more the smaller one will dart in lay a string then the biger one will chase it off. i know with cichlids you can tell sex by the shape of there organ but the smaller one seams to have a black spike sticking out. ill try n get a pic.

sorry for the bad pic's again im having to use my phone but here is the best pic of them laying, you can see the small one with the black spike.
damsel3.jpg

naw i cant this is my only sw tank dcan, just thought it was neat and if anyone had any tips to try and keep em alive. ill check it out bj

lol they lay eggs every week or so same ritual and smae spot evey time i havent seen a swam af baby fish tho

more than likely the eggs are getting eaten by the other fish. you could try to setup a fry tank and maybe see if the fish will lay eggs on something else that you could move into a fry tank.

Back