30 gallon breeder frag tank

d.french

Reef enthusiast
i got tank, stand, penguin 200 hang on filter, phosban reactor, maxi jet 1200 and 900 with rotating deflector, korali #2, brand 36 inch nova extreme slr fixture.

Frag tank is gonna be softies only, shrooms, zoas, palys, leather, bubble tip anenome cause mine keep splitting.

Can't plumb into my other tanks cause no more room near them to share system so i think i'm gonna go without sump and skimmer cause there will not be any fish just some snails.

now got a question thinking since there softies and like extra nutrients in tank should i do sandbed or not, really like to use argonite sand cause it acts as buffer for ph so i don't have to worry about ph swings to much.

This is first frag tank so any advice from anyone is appreciated.:D

I've never done a frag tank, but your setup looks good to me. Good luck with it! Also, if you ever need to get rid of some zoas or palys don't be shy to post them in the "CLASSIFIEDS" section. :D

D,I think you'll need at least one fish in there.Either that or dose with amino acids to get the corals some nutrients in there.
We tryed to do a fishless frag tank for softies at the store.After a couple of weeks,the colors started washing out,so we started dosing the amino acids.Then we couldnt keep up with that,so added a couple of small damsels.Now the frags colors look a lot better.

ok so i'm gonna go with 3" deep sandbed and probally 2 small fish so my frags got some crap to eat. Now i need to find a dosing pump for sale cause i'm gonna use 10 gallon tank below stand for topoff water.

what would be good maintenance fish for frag tank, wrasse seems good cause they eat pest.

Back