300 gallon reef what do I need???

M3AN ONE

Reefing newb
300 gallon reef what do I need???
I would like to get a feed back on which type of reactors I might need for a successful reef.
I would also would like to know which controllers would work well with mp60's and radions I know profilux makes controller for the mp60 but is there a controller that will work with dosing and pumps lights ph phosphate temp and ect readings?

The GHL Profilux does all that and more.
Neptune Apex can be a cheaper option that will also control all of that. The quality is just not as good.
Reefkeeper does most of that and is priced about the same as the Apex but it does not control the vortechs.
They ALL work with the vortechs as far as turning them on and off, but the Apex and Profilux have Vortech Control Modules available that give you full control... in fact more control than the actual vortech has by itself.

As far as other reactors, things you may consider are GFO and Carbon. Possibly ZEOvit if you want to get into that and have the dedication and monthly cash flow. Possibly a calcium reactor. 300g is a lot of tank and it steps you up to a whole other level when it comes to equipment needed.

My sand is skimmed right off the floor of Tampa Bay, in the Gulf of Mexico.
There are some shells mixed in, along with a variety of grain sizes. Some of the shells were abandoned by hermits for large shells or they are just from deceased snails/hermit. I'll periodically clear some out. They seem to collect right up front by the glass for some reason. lol

All the readings you have in your sig were done with the proflux?

No, i said all of the above, meaning the posts above me. ;)
pH, Temp, and Conductivity are measured via the profilux. All the others are measured via Red Sea Pro test kits except for phosphate which is measure via a Hanna Checker.

Back