350g for sell & everything in it.

Why would you want to name it Brad Pitt? lmao

2110538_Brad_Pitt_Stars_as_Achilles_in_Troy.jpg

Can you send me the unicorns? I'm setting up a pico. :lol:

Idk what pico is.....

I went down to see the tank, I haven't been at my gf's house since last Thursday to see it, (but I'm moving here in september to where the tanks are held) anyway the first thing I noticed was the thick green almost fur looking crap all over the the rock and coral.... my first thought is alge and idk how it got this bad this quick... should I post the picture here I just took since we're all talking about this tank or should I just make a thread in the identification thread??

its hair algae :D

Is that bad?? Cause I've never seen it like this all over the tank... The groupers tank is bad, filled with aptasia but we can't clean it cause he isn't use to us and would go after our hand, since the two tanks are hooked up together we fear they might get into the 350.

it can be bad, and it sounds like its bad in your tank. What you need to do is identify what is causing the over abundance on nutrients allowing it to grow.

The most common causes are
1. over feeding and over stocked tanks
2. not enough water changes
3. improper filtration devices
4. old bulbs

Hair algae is usually an indication of high nitrates or phosphates and long light cycles. What are your params?

it can be bad, and it sounds like its bad in your tank. What you need to do is identify what is causing the over abundance on nutrients allowing it to grow.

The most common causes are
1. over feeding and over stocked tanks
2. not enough water changes
3. improper filtration devices
4. old bulbs

hmm... we don't over feed them, the guy who owned these fish fed them three times a day, and we moved to every other day to conserve on their food... we haven't been able to do a full water change, the most we can do it fill the sump with water and change the filter bags, so the last actual water change I would guess was in beginning July. But the friend who knows a lot about tanks and has been helping us out is going to help us do a change this weekend. Is there anything I can do to remove it? Another thing that might have caused it was we knew the tank was on timers and then we realized the timers broke so the leds were on for at least a month straight and now we have to flip the switch manually at night and in the morning.

The long lights and lack of water changes is probably what caused it. I would remove as much of it by hand as you can, and do a blackout with several waterchanges during and after.

So I did what was suggested and got some alge off by hand, it was funny though the wrasse was trying to clean me, but I couldn't get much cause every where I tried to go the urchin followed, the lights have been off most of the weekend but can the coral get sick from that?

Nope, the corals will be fine. The ocean isnt always sunny. Just dont suddenly turn the lights back on, you will need to reacclimate them to the light. Turn the lights on for a few hours and increase how long they are on by a half hour every day

Back