35g hex tank update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ob_on3

Reefing newb
OK ... so far so good. Did my first water change. Happy with the way my levels are going. I'm trying to be patient but must admit its hard. Still not having an algae problem but I figure with a filter and skimmer and small tank with out a big Bio load....I shouldn't expect one so I should just relax. But other than that I'm seeing some pretty cool colors on my sand and my rocks. I'm probably gonna go get a few more rocks...nothing crazy.... but I do have an addition to show you all...I had to get him when I saw him!!

:bounce:
20130216_190301_zpse92db897.jpg

None what so ever...there like best friends.... took a few moments of swimming around together and then seemed like they were super happy to meet...I'm glad, cause my orange one seemed territorial...

None what so ever...there like best friends.... took a few moments of swimming around together and then seemed like they were super happy to meet...I'm glad, cause my orange one seemed territorial...

Trying to copy me haha? Meet Nigel and Margaret. Not sure who is Margaret but once one become a female the will have those names. Same exact story as yours, my orange one was a little territorial and I was afraid they would fight but they get along fine as well, they swim everywhere together and at night they basically lay on top of one another near the bottom of the tank. My new Flame Angel occasionally chases them but once they get bigger I think he will think twice before being rude. It is funny because in the store everyone was afraid the clowns would bully the angel.

photo_12.jpg

Nice...like the way your tank is looking...I'm hoping to get some cool colors develop in mine....I just threw a mushroom in mine...hoping all goes well...

OK so here's my update....levels are still doing great as they've been....still doing biweekly water changes as needed....proper acclimations....even though I haven't added any fish!
20130228_104754_zps4f5fdf48.jpg

But all I have added lately is 5 more hermit crabs...total of 10....a 5 nano poly pack I got from drs foster and smith....and I'm not really sure of the extra green wavy coral I got...not too good with names...
IMG_20130228_104927_zps9b6308a9.jpg

Everything is looking well and I will be adding more fish soon...got my heart set on a Midas blenny...not sure if I'm gonna get a go by although I see them so useful....accessories update...I added another nano hydor wave maker...and another led fixture to put my total at 12 led 3w lights...6white and 6blue, and my hob refugium is up and running with a 600k bulb...

Thx I actually just got back from Manhattan reefs a little while ago....picked up some blue mushrooms and I finally got another fish....a tiny little scooter blenny....so tiny

Does your scooter blenny eat frozen? These guys can very easily starve to death in new tanks if they aren't eating prepared foods. They actually aren't bennies, they are dragonettes like mandarins

I made sure he did before I bought him in the store...he didn't go crazy but he did eat...he also nips at my glass too....if he does have feeding issues what would I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back