?????????

liga

Reefing newb
IMG_0038[1].jpg
IMG_0037[1].jpg

Anyone know what this is??? s it a coral or pest?? What should i do?

i also found a very thin like worm yesterday on my liverock. I havent been able to identify it completely but it looked like a spoon worm but with only one piece. It doesnt look broken up. It was just hidding in a crevis and it would go up and look like it was trying to catch stuff. Will this worm kill any off my corals or fish. Sorry i cant really get a good picture of him. He is so thin and small not long.

looks like a shroom

as far as the stringy worms you mention if im not mistaken , i think they'r Chaetopterid aka spaghetti worms, they are fine but can get out of control in population , you can let them be (they wil filter feed) or find the base and superglue it ,

thank you so much jcegt87!!! So both hitchikers are good? How could i remove the spaghetti worm? Should i just let the shroom keep growing?

first make sure its not aiptasia like zyber said ,does it look like this https://www.google.com/search?q=aip...&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBoQ_AUoAQ&biw=888&bih=667
if so KILL it NOW with aiptasiaX from petco or your LFS

to me they look like shrooms
Picasa Web Albums - nauzer kasad

if so you can leave them but shrroms grow fast from what ive heard (thats why i dont keep any) if you want shrroms in your tank

spaggheti worms i have alot in my tank they are great filter feeders , but if you want them gone you can superglue their tubes shut, or use epoxy to block the tube ,

thans again. I am 100% that its not aiptasia bc it doesnt have the like tentacle like things and doesnt look anything like that. Now i am 100% it is a shroom bc it looks like the red shroom on the link.

thans again. I am 100% that its not aiptasia bc it doesnt have the like tentacle like things and doesnt look anything like that. Now i am 100% it is a shroom bc it looks like the red shroom on the link.

That's awesome...... Just so you know under the right conditions they will spread like a beautiful weed... :D I love my shrooms...

Yeah they are Shroomtastic! They will get a sexy green color to them when under blue att. lighting. Very pretty corals

Back