4 eyed butterfly fish

yovonn

Reefing newb
Hi All,
The pet store sold me a 4 eyed butter flyfish and knew i was putting it in with my live rock! Now all my stuff is gone off of them.Will it come back or no?
I have 2 55 gal saltwater tanks. one is for fish and live rock and the other is for seahorses,and dwarf seahorses.
Been in tanks since i was 8,but saltwater i'm still learning.Can some one help me on this.The tank with the fish has been set up for 4 months and live rock was doing so good.Now what, have i lost it all? :question: Thanks for any help some one can give me. yovonn

I am not sure what you mean by all my stuff is gone off of them. please explain more clearly what you mean by stuff and gone off of them. also if you can please provide the scientific name of the fish you put into your tank. your lfs should be able to help. once you clarify your post and specifically identify your fish, I would be able to provide a response. welcome to the forum and waiting to hear from you.

butterfly fish

Well,
It looks like the eyes are on the back side of the fish too.Any ways it is eating the things off my live rock and now i read on the internet that it is not reef safe.Can anyone tell me if i get rid of that thing will the things grow back? Not having a good time here.I also got 6 seahorses from the same guy and all have died but 2.
So he gave me Rally meds to put in there and now i see that one of them have snout trouble!! With the meds in there.Gosh!!
:grumble:
So no more of them.I have 3 dwarfs in there and had them 3 months before and was doing just fine.They even had babies and will again very soon.
So needless to say when i'm even with him i will not go back there!
So i'm wondering if my little tiny feather dusters that were growing will come back or have i lost all.Can some one help me? :sfish:
Thanks so much :shock:

Welcome to the forum,
Most organisms will replenish themself.In my reef I have had polyps and sponges eaten and now they are starting to grow back.Most fish usually will leave a fan worm alone since they retract quickly.Just give your tank some time and lots of stuff will grow,disappear,and grow again.also some fish stores are helpful and some just want $$.So my suggestion would read up on what you want before you.

You may have some of the animals come back if the fish hasnt eaten all of them or all of the animal. you need to remove the fish immediately and return to lfs. in the future post to the forum and we will try and assist you in correct selections. just let us know what you are keeping and what you want to add. sorry I did not understand your 1st post. since you did not say if you have removed the fish i just assumed you havent yet. the sooner you remove the fish the sooner you will recover hopefully if the fish hasnt cleaned out the worms etc too throughly. will take some time and patients.

Chaetodon quadrimaculatus - common name (Fourspot Butterflyfish. - Max. length 6.2 inches. distribution - Taiwan to the Hawaiian, Marquesas, and Pitcairn islands, north to the Ryukyus and Bonin islands, south to Samoa and the Austral islands.
The four spot butterflyfish lives on exposed reef flats reef faces, and reef slopes often in the surge areas. It occurs at depths of 6.6 to 140 ft. This species is omnivoruous, browsing on algae, hard coral polyps (pocilloporids, montiporids), soft coral polyps, polychaete tentacles, and hydroids, which they pick from live corals or from reef crevices. It will also eat amphipods, copepods, opisthobranch gastropods, peanut worms, and fish eggs. Most feeding occurs during the day but it may do some feeding and hunting at night. For captive care feed live foods, pieces of live rock with some encrusting invertebrates and algae, or a tank with a lush growth of filamentous algae will assist in their acclimation. Because of its polyphagous diet, this fish is not suitable for the reef aquarium. AS YOU NOW KNOW. In the future if you want to add to your system, especially salt water, read or research the animal you want to add and make sure it is compatable and you can provide to its needs to keep it healthy. sorry for your difficulty here, your lfs should not have sold you that fish. for the sea horses, not sure what happened there, but seems like you may be adding too many too quickly or they were diseased or damaged to start with. again patients and go slowly. hope something here helps. your live rocks may recover time will be needed to tell.

Help on Fish

:bounce:
I just want to say Thank you for the help you all have given me :^:
Well i put that mean little fish in a blocked off space till i can get him back to the fish store.
I caught him this morning trying to eat my big feather dusters and that was it.I'm looking for a book (paper back) that tells all about each saltwater fish.Can anyone till me where to buy it on line?.That mean fish picked and killed my 4 starfish!! Well i learned one thing so far,know my fish before i buy.
I really hope most of it comes back.I'm on a low budget and get things every so often so when that happens it's heart breaking.Wish i could tell you what i have in there but dont know the names i will look on line and tell you next time ok. Thanks again :sfish:

Back