40g Tank Overflow Question

muffinman356

Reefing newb
I was wonder if 3/4 hole for water to drain is big enough for a 40 gallon breeder tank?

I was wondering if you people could post a pic of there overflow so i could get an idea of what to do. Also pic of sumps I have an idea but I would like to see other peoples to maybe get better ideas. Any picture is very appreciate.

Thanks,

Nicholas Root

Do you think that this will work?

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 304
I would get rid of the sponge, those can be the cause of nitrates if it isnt cleaned every few day. My intake section has the skimmer in it, has worked great for me so you could reduce that baffle. Where you return pump is seems a little small. 6 inches is not going to give you much room for a return pump. This is also where all the water fluctuations are. So this area is also where you top off your water. Here is a pic of my sump, First chamber is intake and skimmer, second is refugium, then bubble tap to the return section...I dont use any sponges in it or a filter sock. I do have a sponge in the overflow box that I clean every two days.
16674d1349153568-teds-50-gallon-photo-57-.jpg
Oh I also moved the heater into the return section...its easier to get to there.

Back