45g cube aka The Panty Pit

Slight Scratch? Hope you are not on the hook for extra shipping to return it.

Good Luck!

Theres actually a lil story about that too. After cooling down from seeing the POS sump, i called BRS and let them know about it and Charlie is like well your going to have to print up this thing and put it on the box and bring it to UPS. I then inform them that i dont have a printer. They asked me to leave it outside and UPS will come pick it up the next day. I just laughed and said ok whatever. Bout 20 minutes later Reid calls me back and tells me to toss the sump in the garbage.

That's some total bullshit! I'm pissed for you.

Thanks. Really really bummed about it. I should have all my plumbing done right now but i dont.

Wow! That is not a slight scratch. I would be getiing all my money back and not paying for shipping. That's bull.

Well i left them a message last night asking for my money back. Woke up and still no money so i called and said whats up and Charlie said im on the list to ge refunded. Whatever that means. Pretty sure it doesnt take but 5-10 min to refund someone their money:frustrat:

Still waiting on the money to be back in my account....in the mean time. Picked up 14lbs of dry rock.
65a00189.jpg

e4af3cd0.jpg

Sucks about the sump. Sorry to hear, especially since I've had nothing but good experiences with BRS. OTOH, the rock is great! I do really like the branch rock, and it looks like you found some good pieces.

Sucks about the sump. Sorry to hear, especially since I've had nothing but good experiences with BRS. OTOH, the rock is great! I do really like the branch rock, and it looks like you found some good pieces.

I guess why it bothers me so much is because, well, im poor. I live pay check to pay check for the most part. So to me 200 dollars is A LOT of cash just to be "floating " around. Kinda why this build is taking a while too.

About the dry rock. Yea i like the pieces i picked out. Theres quite a few nice possibilties. Im going to buy some premo cuts from marco rocks and a few base rocks and i should be able to start constucting the reef part. I was thinking of covering the black overflow with dry rock also? Anyone think its a good/bad idea?

As far as flow i was going to have the mp10's on both sides of the overflow. Then of corse up top you have the return.....suggestions/opinons?

310bee68.jpg

Ive decided to build a canopy too which i should have built within a week or so. Once i do ge my money back im ordering the same sump from Dr.Fosters for 20 dollars cheaper mind you. Ill more than likely buy the Two little fishes media reactor at the same time. *sigh* still taking baby steps.

wow..... omg wow...... that's vary shitty I'm sorry bro the sump I got from Petsolutions last year was defective but only for the slide i kept it because im not using it for any thing but a refugium so I'm just going to super glue the slide where I need it for the flow. I'm sorry this has happened to you. though I do have to say that's one hell of a set up so far and some mighty fine rock you have right there.

wow..... omg wow...... that's vary shitty I'm sorry bro the sump I got from Petsolutions last year was defective but only for the slide i kept it because im not using it for any thing but a refugium so I'm just going to super glue the slide where I need it for the flow. I'm sorry this has happened to you. though I do have to say that's one hell of a set up so far and some mighty fine rock you have right there.

Thanks bro. It's slowly coming along. This whole thing with BRS is a speed bump. Tryin not to get me down but it does suck.

Seriously, this isn't wet yet?

I kid, I kid - when do Ed and I need to come over to help figure out a mounting solution for those fancy lights of yours?

Seriously, this isn't wet yet?

I kid, I kid - when do Ed and I need to come over to help figure out a mounting solution for those fancy lights of yours?

Welllllllllll......... I decided on building a canopy so hanging the will be a lot easier! You guys are still welcome over tho! Gunna try and get the canopy built here within a week. Also epoxy the inside of te stand.

LOL at the "slight scratch" in your sump. "IT'S JUST A FLESH WOUND!" :rofl:

I hope you get your money back quickly... Most retailers say it takes up to 3 weeks for some reason. Ridiculous.

LOL at the "slight scratch" in your sump. "IT'S JUST A FLESH WOUND!" :rofl:

I hope you get your money back quickly... Most retailers say it takes up to 3 weeks for some reason. Ridiculous.

I still have all the emails. And I quote "Our end of the refund should be done today.* Sometimes it can take your financial institution anywhere from 3-10 days for them to get the funds available back to you" ........that was last Friday.

Damn, not sure how I had not heard about this build untill this week. Matt was talking about it in a few PMs. So tonight I went looking for it and there it was right in the number one spot. Looks good so far. You have the worst luck with online retailers. I still remember your ordeal with Reef2Go. Can't wait to see that light fired up. I heard they are a set up from the AIs. I got to find a place to set up a cube in my house. I love the way they look.

Damn, not sure how I had not heard about this build untill this week. Matt was talking about it in a few PMs. So tonight I went looking for it and there it was right in the number one spot. Looks good so far. You have the worst luck with online retailers. I still remember your ordeal with Reef2Go. Can't wait to see that light fired up. I heard they are a set up from the AIs. I got to find a place to set up a cube in my house. I love the way they look.

Well things change...wanted AI's ended up going vortech all the way around on a poor mans budget. Getting fucked by online vendors just seems to be my nack. Im just trying to be patient as much as possible. Its hard looking at 1,500 dollars just sittingin an empty tank:grumble:

Its so crazy the things we all do to bring LIFE to our homes. I spend any extra money i have on my tanks. Im the "struggling" reefer living on min wage trying to do it BIG....:Cheers:

Well things change...wanted AI's ended up going vortech all the way around on a poor mans budget. Getting fucked by online vendors just seems to be my nack. Im just trying to be patient as much as possible. Its hard looking at 1,500 dollars just sittingin an empty tank:grumble:

Its so crazy the things we all do to bring LIFE to our homes. I spend any extra money i have on my tanks. Im the "struggling" reefer living on min wage trying to do it BIG....:Cheers:

I hear you there bro I'm just another "ballah" on a tight budget. I'm trying to do my tank right and get things I can use on the 55g when I can get that set up. I at times wish I could start over. even though I have been in this for many years i never had a reef tank always just had fish and rock with hang-on's or canester's. Mind you all the stuff I had before now was my set up from 1990 and used right through to 2001. Then I got rid of my 120g set up because I needed some quick cash. When I came back to it I wanted to try my hand at reefing. so yeah here I am and back to my point. I wish I found you all sooner I think i would have had a smoother start than I did 3 years ago. I just now for new lights (3ed rig) and a mp-10. The mod-do you get what you pay for pops in my head right now. Then again the lack of patience is not always my strong point lol

Back