45g cube aka The Panty Pit

Id hate to see that price tag.

Im prolly just going to go with a sump for now. I really just wanted the fuge for pods but screw it. I really dont need it.

I have a plasic breeder box in my ten gallon sump with sump chaeto in it. It's cheap looking, but it works. Wasn't getting enough flow through it and was starting to get some cyano so I put a powerhead in there to keep the water moving better. Good luck with whatever you end up doing!

I think the way Kelz explained it, it came off a lil easier on the ears. LOL

I saw breeder box ($$), and power head($$)......i saw CHEAP and i was like yea that sounds good :)

Either of you feel free to post a pic of your sumps.

Thanks

A word of warning, I put a clump of cheato in my DT almost two years ago and then removed it a few months later. And i still find it growing in my tank. There is some that is permanently embedded into my powerhead and it grows hairs of cheato. Its not really invasive, but it annoys me.

it was in my display tank. I didnt have a traditional sump until a few weeks ago. Before that i had an algae scrubber, which is why i removed the cheato from my display tank. But lots of people have small chunks that go through all of that and make it up to the display.

001-5.jpg

002-7.jpg

I need to figure out a way to get my skimmer to stop splashing so much- I have a lot of salt creep, but you get the idea ;)

I'll be ordering this tonight. Next will be the skimmer.

I found out yesterday my work has been underpaying me for about 9-12 months. So i should be getting a back pay check with in a month or so. This will def speed this build up a lot.

Berlin Sumps

This is cool and guess what I'm going the way of a cube lets get them done bro :D 45g I'm thinking for me as well found a tank with stand for $100 :D. Well hope to see your tank wet in the near future :D

boo for them underpaying you! but its nice that you have some "found" money. Yet another build im very excited about :D

what are you going to do with your mantis' current home?

Tanks as follows.

46g bow front which is my current reef will be sold.
The contents of it as far as corals will be transferred over to a 40g breeder along with my bigger mantis, still powered by my ati fixture.

45g cube will be all brand new and mainly a SPS tank.

The current 20g tall I have my bigger mantis in will either become a frag tank or another new home for a mantis when one pops up outa no where lol

Back