48" Solaris I4 LED 14000K

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
48" Solaris I4 LED 14000K

Anyone know if this is junk? No guesses please:mrgreen:

I saw one for $300 but it needs 2 fans and 50 LED's but it cost a lot new.

Just figured this would solve my not enough lighting for hard corals issue.

They say this is like 400W MH just check their site.

Some dude on ebay said he can get parts but ok.

I may just get a bigger T5 system to get over 300 watss for my 80 gallon. I really want to get corals and only have like 220 watts.

Plus that is if all the lights are on at the same time.

Why don't they make it so I can just slap in a higher wattage bulb and get the 350 in watts I need with the 4 bulbs.

Man I can get my house lights in all different sizes no problem.

Because that isnt how flourecent and MH bulbs work. They arent like incandecent bulbs that run directly on the main power supply. They have a ballast that is used to ignite and drive the bulbs. The amount of power they use is dependant on the size of the bulb. FOr example, all t5HO 24 inch bulbs are 24 watt. There is no way to get around that.

Boooooooooooo!!!!!

I just get pissed off that I have to buy a $400-$500 light just to have corals because I only have an Aquaticlife 48" 4 bulb light.

Unfortunatly, this hobby isnt cheap:(

You can get a decent light for cheaper than that though. Check craigslist.com. There are always people getting out of the hobby.

Stay away from the used Solaris. The company went out of business years ago, leaving tons of people with broken fixtures sitting around in their wake.

If there was some guy on Ebay that could get parts for them, I think all those upset people would have found him by now.

Yeah I saw the link. I would just avoid that fixture. You will run into trouble with a Solaris fixture. Do you really want the only hope you have at saving your light being some random dude off of Ebay that says he knows the way? :lol:

Stick with T5s or MH lights instead.

Back