5.5 Gal Nano Wennerae Mantis Tank!

Hermits aren't a danger to them and they look at it as a snack when they want. Put an emerald crab or anything that it would "fear" and I guentee it attacks....u see my new vid?

She seams vary photogenic and active so far i hope she does well. Every time I look in the tank she is somewhere else looking at everything that’s in there.

Ok so I have some rocks I got from TBS and it has something popping in it but no mantis or pistol shrimp has EVER come out no matter how long I sit here perfectly still even. I dont understand why yours comes out and is walking around checking stuff out and mine has been nothing but a shadow head and invisible popping for over a week! :grumble:

What on earth is this?? Turn up your sound you can hear it pop at my pen

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q3rVXzimVY[/ame]

Last edited:
lol it might be building a burrow or somthing, you could try to leave a shrimp for it out on the sand, if you keep doing it you might see it come out to grab it after a few times if its taking it since its use to being fed like that.

lol it might be building a burrow or somthing, you could try to leave a shrimp for it out on the sand, if you keep doing it you might see it come out to grab it after a few times if its taking it since its use to being fed like that.

Ok I will give that a try.

We call him Rockness Monster because we havent ACTUALLY seen anything just shadows and noise so far.

i missed the vid last night but that looks like a mantis to me try useing a feeder stick or long tongs with a shrimp on it see if you cant get it to come out a little lol.

saw the shadow and it looked like a mantis becuase i saw a claw went foward and it flipped over and went back into the cave puase at 0:18

saw the shadow and it looked like a mantis becuase i saw a claw went foward and it flipped over and went back into the cave puase at 0:18

I wish I could run it in slo mo I dont see anything but a black shadow. I put a shrimp on a stick yesterday but all I got was a bunch of porcelain crabs munching on it. He was def in there popping from the smell though. I threw the whole chunk in the hole after about 10 min. I hope it got a few bites at least I know its got to be hungry I have had it for almost 2 weeks now.

so molly had her first molt 2 days ago and she is a little less red and slightly more brownish/creamy took her about 2 days to go throught the molt and she is vary active now.

6 line should do fine. Anything with quickness. I lost my 6 line in my mantis tankdue to a collapse. I'm Rollin with a blue damsel that always goes after my krill when feeding the mantis.

And did She eat her molt? Mine at 3/4's of his I pulled the rest out which was the ass end. He tossed it out his den like it was trash lol.

ya i think she ate most but tossed out the tail plate and the hammer arms im just happy to get one molt under my belt with her. my 6 line i think he is to big for her to view as food atm, id get a crab for here but i think pepermit shrim are more her size atm :) yours molted a 2nd time yet? what size is he up to

Back