55 Gallon Reef Tank build

8 Month Update!!

Hey everybody!! It's been eight months since I started my tank and everything is going great. My sump/refugium is doing its job perfectly and my main tank has never looked better! I recently added a Phosphate reactor to my sump to help keep the phosphates/nutrients down in my tank. I'm running 150 mg of thrive Bio-stimulant crush at about 100 gph. Although I have never seen more than 0.02 on any Phosphate tests, I still want to keep them in check. My Rose Bubble Tip anemone split last weekend after looking great for a few months so that's cool. But all my corals are looking great and thriving.. Here are some pictures!! Enjoy!!

IMG_0655.jpg
Green Stalk Dunkin
IMG_0656.jpg
My awesome Acans!!
IMG_0657.jpg
Purple Goni
IMG_0658.jpg
Recently Split RBTA
IMG_0663.jpg
Group shot
IMG_0662.jpg
Blue Rim Monti and Neon Green Monti
IMG_0660.jpg
Sherbert Chalice

Thanks guys! Yea I would be selling them if I had more spare time on my hands. It came out really great I'm glad I chose to make the stand myself!

Hey guys.. Been a while since I updated my tank so here we go!!

The only additions have been a Bartlett Anthias, a Melanarus Wrasse, Electric Candy Cane, Fruit Loop Zoanthids, Rasta Zaonthids, a couple Acros, a nice chalice, a Sunset monti, GSP, snails, and crabs.. I also upgraded my sump and Protein Skimmer!! I added an Eshopps r-300 Refugium and a Reef Octopus Diablo 160.. I had a meltdown a few months ago which put me back a bit.. I lost a couple Acros and lost alot of growth on everything else. All of my levels were perfect but for some reason everything lost color, stopped growing and just looked like straight up death.. I did everything I could think of to fix my tank but nothing worked.. Finally I did a water change with saltwater I made with the Reef Crystals and everything instantly got better!! My zoas all opened the second that water went in.. I must have been missing some kind of trace element or something I have no idea.. But at least were back in action. Now everything is doing perfect, I can start adding corals again!!! Here's a video of the tank.. Enjoy!!

Back