55G Reef Aquarium

Most of us do a inch maybe two. Dsb is 6 inches or more. The red looks like Coraline which is good. Looks great...

Yea better try to find a conch or something to stir that sand up.. I don't think you will need to worry about the pump heating up the water..

Yea better try to find a conch or something to stir that sand up.. I don't think you will need to worry about the pump heating up the water..
Do you think that conch will do a good job? Or its better to do it myself every couple days? Which conch do you recommend?

Guys I need a good heater and controller. I purchased HC-0810M digital temperature controller with 300W heater and the controller burned the first night. Send it for replacement got a new one and after first night start to beep and click like crazy. I'm thinking to change it to different one. Which one do you prefer?

I use the Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper as a controller, and two titanium heaters that add up to the watts I need for my system.

I was looking at the Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper and... Dear Santa... :-). I have one 300W titanium heater but I have read a lot about it and will switch to two 150W

Im gonna go catch a conch and throw it in my tank in a couple weeks once i get time to take the boat out.. I grabbed a couple for my cousins tank a few months ago and he said they're out of control cleaners.. They move sand around and pick up everything else.. Just gotta make sure they don't get stuck in the corner since you only have a 55..

Here are more pictures of the ATO and chaeto.

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

Nope.. Gotta keep them opposite your main tank lights.. So in other words, whenever your main tank lights are off, you refugium lights should be ON.. Make sure you have the right lights too.. A CFL 6500k rating is perfect for what you need..

For the life of me I have no idea what the par is on my twisty bulb for the fuge. I just know that it works. I have looked at it a few times trying to find numbers on it but I have been running it for a couple of years and the numbers are worn off. It is kinda on the yellow side as far as visible light. I have to half my cheato every month to 6 weeks.

Nope.. Gotta keep them opposite your main tank lights.. So in other words, whenever your main tank lights are off, you refugium lights should be ON.. Make sure you have the right lights too.. A CFL 6500k rating is perfect for what you need..
I'm not running my main lights during tank cycle. But for now I do run the refugium light 24HR

I'm back :-)
I know it have been a while but I was so busy over the last month. I have couple new updates on my aquarium. I have added RapidLED light, coralife 65 gallon superskimmer , sock , couple conches , clownfish pair . I will take some pictures and post them here.

Back