57g rimless aka "the mistress"

I've used the house hold Ammonia before as well but thought it was strange at the time, I think the best way is to get a piece of Live Rock with lots of crap on it, I mean die off.Oh ya i was supposed to mention my last tank was a 150 5x2x2 Very costly for everything, I'm going smaller and staying smaller, everything just cost less.

i had a 150 cube before this. this was suppose to be a lil project with some bj cardinals and trying to breed them. but the 150 crash after a move and i lost everything. decide to sell it get the money and upgrade my lights and get equipment i want. and then keep this for a few years let the frags grow out to colony and upgrade to a 180. 2'x2'x2'. or something similar to that.

I've had many tanks over the years and I must admit that the bigger it is, the easier it is to look after, My most succesful build was a 120 4x2x2 Euro braced, Starphire, just fantastic, I put the sump in my laundry room behind the tank and had a RDSB,A Frag tank that I sold coral from. Everything was grand 2x250 DE MH just great but then I lost my job, then my house etc,etc.
So now I'm living in an Apt. thank goodness I don't have to pay hydro if I want to set up a Frag tank with my 400 Pendant over it LOL, But money is an issue so I'm going smaller and the tank will be set up right. Tunze Pumps, slow and steady with LPS I love em much less demanding than SPS A few fish and a Controller and just something thats easy to maintain and the Rimless look is stunning Eye Candy I say

heres a pic of the frag tank with the return and drain done. have 3 separate returns two on the bottom to keep stuff from settling and one on top.

heres the top view. see it a lot better with the white bottom.

heres the return section. the display done and ran out of 3/4" pvc to finish the frag return. should be done tomorrow.

my diy filter sock holder have both drains going into the sock with union at the end so i can clean or change socks.

drain for the frag tank. drilled a hole on top for the air to escape and not cause a siphon.

the long drain from the frag tank.

That looks sweet, One thing about frag tank, You're always gonna have crap settling so it's good to see the black egg crate. Make sure you have some extra sheets so you don't have to clean whats in the tank every few weeks, If you decide to sell your Coral and I'm sure you will it's always a plus to have a Super clean Frag tank.
Just remove the dirty one, throw it in a Vinagar bath for a week and have another ready to go. And yes flow is important, What light are you putting over the Frag Tank?

That looks sweet, One thing about frag tank, You're always gonna have crap settling so it's good to see the black egg crate. Make sure you have some extra sheets so you don't have to clean whats in the tank every few weeks, If you decide to sell your Coral and I'm sure you will it's always a plus to have a Super clean Frag tank.
Just remove the dirty one, throw it in a Vinagar bath for a week and have another ready to go. And yes flow is important, What light are you putting over the Frag Tank?

once i finally get my razors the tek 6 bulb t5 are going over the frag tank. right now i'm not going to really need any lights for it as i will be trying to fill my display. lol

alright plumbing is all done and it's almost 11pm now time to get up at 215am for work at 3. on the good note basically all i have left to do is set up the rodi or run the lines for it and make the doors and then hook everything up for some power and i'm officially running..... YAY!!!!!

****update****
heres the finally plumbing from the other late night(guess its only right cause shes the mistress lol) reactor is all up the fuge lite is mounted

the long travel to the frag tank. came out pretty nice

fuge light mounted

mounted the mp40

side view of the tank and an angle view

rodi mounted up out in the garage and have the line running from the sink in the laundry room to the unit

messy water station for right now. thats the next goal during the cycle when i shouldnt need any water.

and finally the drum for the water about half full now.

The mistress is finally wet. after 5 weeks.
this is 20g

25g in the frag tank mixing

heres another 20g so total of 40g and it's already going over the overflow.

here the sump. the bulb is going to be changed to a par38 5k bulb.

heres she is today. had a couple leaks for the return pump so put some silicone on it last night.

mounted the apex & mp controller next to the a/c.

good pic of the stain color from the sun light.

heres a semi-FTS

well, hopefully all the leaks will be good when i start her back up tonight. gave the tank a lil boast with ammonia to start the cycle.

should be green enough

Back