6 Line Wrasse

AlwaysImproving

Reefing newb
I just purchased a 6 line and as soon as a I put him in my 55 gallon tank he went into hiding...but only for about 15 minutes. The only other fish in my tank is a percula clown and coral beauty and the beauty was chasing him around for about an hour. But the next day I noticed they were cruising around together. I'm happy they get along and Im just surprised they accepted him so quick, isn't that abnormal?

I feed my clown and coral frozen mixture of those cubes but I did notice that the wrasse wasn't eating at all. Maybe he needs to get used to the new food because at the fish store they were feeding him something different?

I'm gonna get nice pics and post the 2 hanging out asap!

Do you have top for your tank? If not, be careful. My 6 line went carpet surfing and killed himself. Congrats on your new Addition though. I enjoyed mine while I had him. He seemed to hangout in the LR a lot so I thnk that's a common thing for them.

I wish I could catch mine. He is quick.

Trying to net a 6-line is never going to be a successful operation.

I caught mine in a 1qt Gatorade bottle. I put food in the bottle and waited. No other food in the tank. If he wanted to eat, he had to swim in the bottle. It took him several hours to get up the nerve to swim inside the bottle. He knew something wasn't normal. I did catch him finally. Slapped the lid on after he swam inside and yelled, "SUCKER!!!!!!" :mrgreen:

Sold him for $20 to a girl with a 135g fish only tank. She sent a couple pics a few weeks later. He was doing fine.

6 lines will find themselves a hole in a rock to hide to when stressed. So its possible that its got itself up into a piece of live rock and expired.In which case,the bristle worms will take care of it pretty quick.

My blue headed wrasse burried himself in the sand today to wear I couldn't even see him except for one little sliver :shock:...it's scaring the :pooh: out of me because I actually like the guy (most entertaining thing in my tank next to my crab) he hasn't been looking good lately and I think this might be the end :grumble:. I actually reached down and pulled him out of the sand earlier while I had his favorite food in the tank and he came out to eat, swam a little bit then went to rest in his favorite hole in my LR. An hour later and it looks like he is back in the sand :frustrat:. Fingers crossed.

Back