60 gallon aquarium.... how many fish? powder blue tang?

Ghost2Kill

Reefing newb
I know its important to know system so here's mine...2 200 marineland biowheel filters rated 100 gallons combined....60 pounds live sand...48 pounds live premiem live Fiji rock.... instant ocean 100 gallon rated skimmer... stable conditions... so far I only have 1 false percula clown....how many more fish? I know to add them slowly... can I add a powder bluetang? Petco said 30 gallons, a few sites said 55 gallons and I read they need much more... could I add one more smaller fish and this tang and be done?

For tangs, its not volume thats important, its length of the tank. They need at least 6 feet of swimming room, so i would say no on your tank.

Also for stocking limits, its about 1 small fish for every 10 ten gallons. Bigger fish will count as more, so an eel would count as two or three.

Welcome to Living Reefs.....
No tang "should" be in a 60 gallon,especially the powder blue..
A 60 can be tough to stock ,but you can still get a lot of great fish....look into dwarf angels,hawk fish ,wrasses(the mystery:D ) a royal gramma,cardinals,firefish,and clown fish ....
probably not all of those fish ,but 4-5 of them would be good,and easy on the bio-load too...

Back