60 Gallon Cube

AnthonyTheNewbie

Reef enthusiast
So, I fell in love with cube tanks back when I had my 29g Biocube. Since then, I've had Aqueon tanks (4 and 8) and then switched to the Nuvo 8. Yet, no matter what I did, my craving for a nice cube just wouldn't subside! So, I got a call from a buddy, who was looking to get rid of this bad boy, and sure enough, it was just my cup of tea ;)60 Gallon Tank
20 Gallon Sump
2 x 120 Watt Chinese LEDs
1 x 200 watt heater
1 x 100 watt heater
Coralife SuperSkimmer
Mag 9 Return PumpFIsh:

Regal Blue Tang (Yellow Belly)
Labbout's Fairy Wrasse
Yellow Clown Goby
Yellow Watchman Goby (Not sure, it was tiny and I haven't seen it for weeks [lot's of live rock though lol])

Inverts:
1 Rose Bubble
2 x Sea Hare
Feather Dusters
Hermits
Snails
Pistol Shrimp

Corals:
Softies/LPS/SPS

Attachments

• photo 1(1).JPG
    photo 1(1).JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 337
  • photo 2(1).JPG
    photo 2(1).JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 226
  • photo 3(1).JPG
    photo 3(1).JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 239
Last edited by a moderator:
More pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 338
  • image(14).jpeg
    image(14).jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 323
  • image(13).jpeg
    image(13).jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 312
  • image(12).jpeg
    image(12).jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 314
  • image(11).jpeg
    image(11).jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 347
  • image(9).jpeg
    image(9).jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 333
  • image(8).jpeg
    image(8).jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 319
  • image(7).jpeg
    image(7).jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 329
  • image(6).jpeg
    image(6).jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 356
  • image(5).jpeg
    image(5).jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 318
  • image(4).jpeg
    image(4).jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 320
  • image(3).jpeg
    image(3).jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 329
  • image(2).jpeg
    image(2).jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 331
  • image(1).jpeg
    image(1).jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 320
Thanks, I need to stop being lazy and start filling it up more. I took a poop ton of stuff out of it to put into a frag tank that I threw together lol :p. Going to literally get rid of all the small pieces in the cube, and just put colonies in. It was father's day today... so, I was lazy :X. Sent the kids out with the Mrs, and did.... nothing :)!

New stocking list as of 6/29/14:

2 Black Snowflakes
1 Yellow Belly Hippo
1 Scopas Tang
1 Labbout's Fairy Wrasse
1 Yellow Clown Goby
1 Yellow Watchman Goby (? Not sure if he's still in there. Haven't seen him in forever. He's paired with a pistol shrimp)

Some new additions:
Ricordias
Blue Maxima
Deresa Clam
Gold Mauls
Stunner Chalice
And more that I'm forgetting.

Pics later today!

Eggs should be hatching tonight. I'll keep you posted. So far, about 80-100 of the eggs have made it to the silver eyes stage. We'll see how many survive the hatch night!

Not good signs so far. Looking like a split hatch night. About half hatched last night, and half didn't. There's about 10-15 fry that are surviving right now... but I'm not too hopeful on the other eggs hatching tonight. Oh well! First clutch of many!

If I had $1 for every fish that got killed by a bad heater, I could retire. :( Good luck with the breeding, remember, lipids and proteins are what make marine fish grow.

Thanks, I interrupted their cycle by moving the tank. Also have since added a pair of Mocha Clowns, as well as a Black Snowflake and Wyoming White to the breeding tank. Need to get two more pieces of plexi glass cut. The single pieces aren't dark enough and don't have enough algae build up. They can see shadows of each other moving around. And it's causing them a little stress. Was also thinking about drilling the tank and tying it into my sump for the cube. Also got a pair of Black snowflakes in my cube that are breeding size. And a pair of Black Ice and regluar Black clown in a 20g High nano. I get too carried away sometimes lol.. :p

Back