65 gallon pics

thanks. had a rough start. coming together now though. have a T5 fixture coming this week and plan on getting some coral as well this week.

Nice. Make sure you follow placement according to flow and light. Dont be afraid to move new pieces every 3-4 days until they find a spot they like. They'll let you know. Good luck! :)

is there a general rule of thumb for powerhead placement? i have 2 (750gph each). one in the back of the tank facing left and one in the front facing the right,.

Maybe point the left one at the big rock adjacent to it and the righthand one at the front glass. Also consider another 750 or a 1050 to point at the surface to get some more ripple.

An adult yellow tang would probably be a little cramped. There's no real answer to your question, though. I would suggest looking at reef safe angels for a larger sized fish, but keep in mind that 5-7 fish is going to be your limit, but only if you pick carefully and wait a few weeks in between additions (paired clowns, small school of chromis, etc...being exceptions.)

No. I seem to remember hearing that Koralias aren't meant for controllers or something and it burns them up super fast or something. I would say for the money a couple MP10's would do better and they can sync with the Radions if you ever wanted to upgrade. However you'd need 2 of those and their not cheap.

Yea I like at the mp10s. I can't spend 500 right now on pumps. I'm going to order another koralia pump for the center and work those for now. Planning on getting some coral next week

What part of Brooklyn you from? I lived on West 1st n Kings highway for a couple of years and on kermit place off coneyisland ave. Went to New Utrecht Highschool for a bit too lol.

I have koralias and they work fine I just use timers from Home Depot to turn them on at different times to create a "wave" effect! Must bang for your buck! I wish I didn't have seahorses sometimes so I could put more in. The only thing that sucks about them is when the start up it sounds like a machine gun! Lol.

Back