65 gallon pics

How long have you been using them with timers. Iv heard the more you turn them on and off the more stress you cause on the motors and eventually it will start spinning in the opposite direction. And burning out the motor

They're four years old. I had my tank down for a year since then though so they've been going for three years! I don't even remember how much I paid for them and the stickers aren't even legible anymore.

Just purchased my first coral. A few little green mushrooms on a small rock. I placed it in the bottom 1/3 of my tank perched in another rock. Since its only 1 coral for now. Do I still treat the lights the same. 8-10 hour cycle?

Just purchased my first coral. A few little green mushrooms on a small rock. I placed it in the bottom 1/3 of my tank perched in another rock. Since its only 1 coral for now. Do I still treat the lights the same. 8-10 hour cycle?

Yes. I'm sure your mushroom came from a tank that had similar lighting cycles. My mushrooms are really doing well in my tank. You're off to a great start.

The best way to remove hair algae is a sea hare! I need to pick one up. I usually go to the LFS and buy one ($25) Then ill return him once he runs out of food in a few weeks
Them guys love hair algae

As you can see, there are quite a few ways. I'd go with Kbuser's way though. This way you don't have to return anything. Or, dose with mag until it's high enough to kill it off. Good luck, I had a battle with it in my 10g tank. Only thing that personally worked for me was bumping the mag up to 1500.. and even then it didn't get rid of all it. Once I bumped it up to about 1800 though, HUGE difference

how do i bump up the magnesium? also would i get any benefit from throwing some carbon into my filter media cartridge on the other side of my bio wheel ( i recently removed the bio wheels and turned one side of the filter into a little refugium with some bubble grass and live rock rubble). i do have some empty filter cartridges though. would carbon help?

Not sure if carbon helps, and you buy some stuff to dose magnesium. Your LFS should have something in stock. He should also be able to test your mag for you so you know how much you have to raise it

Back