7.5g Deep Blue Rimless aka mistress jr

just traded a dj power strip for some utter chaos zoas. pics once they open and got a huge piece of green monti from a friend who had it over growing in his tank and he was using it as a frag rack cause it over took one side of his tank. lol of course pics are coming soon. getting some candy apple reds and king midas this weekend.

Did you ever think you will have it back?. That's cool! :)
no i didn't have a clue. this tank is pretty funny about that tho. the lady i bought the tank from actually bought 6 pieces from me a year ago which she kept from her 2 downgrades and i got them back. the one thing i really love getting back from her were my duncans.

How long does it take for the base of a duncan take before it calcifies and actually branches off? I have a Single stalk with 5 heads, but no new branches starting lol

How long does it take for the base of a duncan take before it calcifies and actually branches off? I have a Single stalk with 5 heads, but no new branches starting lol

i believe we have different duncans. theres a branching and wall. the branching duncan for me hasn't grown yet. the wall ones for me i think grow a lot faster. i'll close mine tonight and take a couple pics of it closed and it'll show ya how they will just pop up on the side and grow. much like a zoas i guess you can say.
for me to frag it i get a dremel and cut between the heads.

Okay, I'll look into getting a wall one as well. But I see people with huge branches of it, and I mean, they don't just come from no where and no one seems to have a answer for me :p

***update***
well, i just sold the rocks out of the big mistress so now this will start to take off. moved some stuff around and in the middle of changing the aquascape a lil can't clean the glass in a few spots and its starting to really bother me. as you can see in the pics. here are a few pics.
BOP
clam thats not opened all the way. lips will get twice that size
IMG_9020_zpsaff197df.jpg

zoa garden is starting to come alive
IMG_9006_zps2e271949.jpg

IMG_9008_zps545cf839.jpg

IMG_9009_zps372fe68e.jpg

hope y'all like and happy reefing.

The Utter Chaos Zoos are sexy as hell. But, also expensive as hell lol. I also really like that goblin zoa you had. And the Clam definitely looks like a Blue Maxima Clam.

On a scale from 1-10, I'm going to go ahead and give this tank a 11. Good job and keep up the good work :)

The Utter Chaos Zoos are sexy as hell. But, also expensive as hell lol. I also really like that goblin zoa you had. And the Clam definitely looks like a Blue Maxima Clam.

On a scale from 1-10, I'm going to go ahead and give this tank a 11. Good job and keep up the good work :)

thanks. do you have the goblins? i can't get them to color up the green in the middle. a friend gave those to me. and funny thing about the utters are i traded them for a dj switch i got for $20. of course it was an extra one so worked out even greater. lol but do some aquascaping to get some stuff off the wall so i could get my mag cleaner thru spots. i'm looking into selling the clam or trading it for a smaller one to open up the sand bed for some more zoas. i just need the tek light and and reef octopus skimmer to sell for some extra zoa cash. lol but i'll have to take a few pics tomorrow or maybe tonight if i can get some energy.

No, I don't have the goblins. But, looks like I'm going to have to grab a polyp or two :). How is the clam doing in the little tank? Does it suck up a lot of calcium?
dang to bad your not closer or i'd give you this extra frag. so far (knock on wood) the clam is doing great. i haven't really checked the ca for the tank. everything is looking good. and i'm doing a 2g WC every 10 days. i'm going to start doing in once a week. and start checking a lil more to see how the parameter are. thanks

well, did a lil moving around and came up with this. see how this does. now some pics
full set up
IMG_9095_zps0adcdd08.jpg

IMG_9094_zps02d3790d.jpg

new spot for clam. seems to be liking it there.
IMG_9070_zps603d8ae6.jpg

IMG_9087_zps504eb664.jpg

IMG_9088_zpsae6fa49e.jpg

IMG_9086_zps783fdb08.jpg

new acan on trade thanks again allison
IMG_9083_zps818a4dc8.jpg

IMG_9080_zps69d6303f.jpg

fts with new aquascape.
IMG_9072_zpsb6bb6270.jpg

hopefully this red planet will start to color back up here.
IMG_9078_zpsc1880912.jpg

well, this purple acan hasn't really been puffy so i went and checkd the water and didnt think it was awful.
IMG_9080_zps69d6303f.jpg

temp 83
sal 1.026
ph 7.8/8
po4 0.16
nitrates 10
alk 9
ca 460

i've got about 2 gallons of water mixing now and i'm going to go ahead and change the carbon and gfo and clean the hob filter. then probably mix up another 2g to change on the weekend and test again on sunday.

Back