7 days vacation and 1 dead fish

Wes888

Reef enthusiast
The 15 gallon of RO/DI water that I prepared for ATO were all used up and the return pump was pumping bubbles for the last 2 days. I came back today and found the Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse dead on the floor semi-dried.

RIP... :(

wrasse1.jpg

Last edited:
Also sorry for your loss. That sucks : / I'm worried about that myself. My wife wants to take a trip to MI this christmas for 2 weeks...

2 weeks!? :shock: That's unthinkable!

I've already did a dry run and tried not to do anything to the tank for a week before and it worked. It just happened that last week was exceptionally hot and water evaporated much more.

I always pay one of the guys from my lfs to come keep and eye on my stuff. It doesnt cost much:twocents: to have him stop by the house feed the fish and make sure there is enough water. Just something you guys mite try:bowdown:

I had some eggcrate made but I got too comfortable and stopped using it. I bet if my return pump was not pumping bubbles for 2 days, he wouldn't jump neither.

fence1.jpg

fence2.jpg

fence3.jpg

fence4.jpg

fence5fans.jpg

Well Wesley sometimes you do all you can and then something goes wrong. What can you do? Can't stop living. You can rest assured that you did everything you could have. It's just one of those things.

I think I've done well w/ my vacations this summer. Then again, I took mostly short weekend trips and just 1 2 week vacation where luckily, nothing went wrong and everything was pre-pared for the petsitter...and if all else failed, I had my lfs' number handy for those emergency visits :)

Sorry to hear, though, Wes. Any deaths are heartbreaking.

Back