75 gal stock list

Rcchanlder

Reefing newb
This is the set up im looking at. If anyone has ideas or suggestions please feel free. Thanks.

Fish:
1 - ocellaris clownfish (currently in the tank)
1 - Onespot Foxface Rabbitfish (not sure how reef friendly they are)
1 - Mandian Goby (after the tank gets established)
1 - Pajama Cardinal
1 - Randall's Shrimp Goby

Corals:
Frogspawn
Star polyps ( very small frag currently in tank)
Toadstool Mushroom
Brain Coral
bubble coral
plate coral

Equipment:
4- T5 54 watt ( 2 10k daylight, one 6500k blue and one actinic)
75gal DT
55 gal Sump ( mag - 7 drive pump at 6 ft head loss)
2 - korilla 3 power heads
1- 220 gph powerhead
Bubble Magus NAC6 Skimmer

thats all ive really come up with so far.....

I had a 75 for awhile,good size starter tank.Give the flamehawk a look.I always suggest these great little fish,i love mine.Why did you only get one clown?

i moved up from a 30 gal. the clown didnt do too well with the move though. i havnt gotten it to eat in a couple of weeks. i think it is only going to be a matter of time for him. then i might get a pair. maybe maroon clowns.

The only thing I can see that I would change as far as the set up.I'd go with at least 6 54 watt T-5s.That way you know your covered coral wise.
And I'm kinda thinking like Nemo.Why not get another clown so you got 2.I'd also go for a couple of the PJs instead of just one.

i was planning on setting up a 55 gal but upgraded to the 75. the tanks were on sale. i already have all my equipment. i will have to wait a while before i upgrade the lighting. im tired of buying equipment and looking at an empty tank. lol. : ) i figured i would get some low light corals first and then the moredemanding ones later on

am i planning on having too many fish? i dont want to over do it. i was considering some type of wrasse or dartfish as well.

wow. i guess i am use to the 30 gal. will that not be too much waste with the coral? i would say between the DT and the sum there are about 110 gal or so. do the fox faced rabbits do well with a reef?

Everything sounds good, + what Yote suggested to you. And yes, foxfaces are generally reef safe, some people say they may nibble at polyps, but I've personally never seen mine do it.

ok so for an updated list i have

2 - clownfish (maybe maroon)
1 - Onespot Foxface Rabbitfish
2 - Pajama Cardinal
3 - firefish

ok so for an updated list i have

2 - clownfish (maybe maroon)
1 - Onespot Foxface Rabbitfish
2 - Pajama Cardinal
3 - firefish

Looks like a solid list to me.:D

I've only seen one rabbitfish got after a coral.And the coral was a duncan.I'd say it would be 99.9% safe.

Looks okay to me.

suggestions.......
You'll have to get the maroons already as a mated pair.They don't pair up easily.

Might as well match the shrimp goby with a pistol shrimp.

My foxface doens't toouch my coral. Mine was real skiddish for the first week that I put him inthe tank. He cammo's up and stayed behind the rocks. Now, he's out all the time. So don't freak out, if he hides for awhile (Like I did). Clearly my favorite fish.

I was wondering if you'd it by they they closed.
I got there about 4:30 and noticed the little paper taped to the glass.
But all the lights was still on.Kinda wonder what went down,since its not like Jon to just close up like that.

yeah. the sign was on. maybe it is just on a timer. hope everything is ok. they are the better of the two places in chatt i would say. if we loose bermuda im thinking chandler aquatics will have to take up he slack :wink:

Tomato clowns are cool, but tend to get larger than ocellaris, for example. Just FYI. The foxface should be just fine. What do you/will you have for sand aeration? Anything to turn the sand over? I'd personally recommend a diamond goby myself. You also mentioned a firefish....does your tank have a screen, lid, or canopy? They can be marvelous jumpers...

right now i just have eggcreat cut to fit the top of the tank. right now i just have nas. snails to aerate the sand bed.. i will have an urchin and was thinking of some conchs. do you think the randall's shrimp goby would turn over the sand?

Back