75 gal trim question

Doyle73

Reefing newb
I just bought a 75 gal tank and I had a question about it. There is no piece of trim on the top holding the glass together I don't know if it came with one or not. The person I got it from said he had it filled up with no problems. Does anyone think that it won't hold, should I build a piece to put on there or is there a place where you can purchase the plastic trim to put on there?
Thanks in advance

your Front and back may bow from the weight of the water. tanks that are rimless have thicker glass than a tank that size normally has

I would try to find out the tank manufacturer.The trim and middle brace is to keep the silicone from pulling apart.I'm sure rimless tanks(not euro-braced) use a different adhesive to hold the glass together.If this is one of the common Perfecto,Aqueon,Oceanic or Top Fin tanks then it will need the brace in the long run.

Try E-mailing Perfecto,since they are the most encountered around here.They should be able to help you out.

Found one from this place in Michigan I thinks called custom controls, 10 bucks arriving on Monday. Is there any precautions I should take before installing it. What should I use to glue it down.

Back