75 Gallon in Wall Aquarium w/ 55 Sump first tank and build

I just ordered 2 Koralia 1400's and 1 Koralia 1050. Should be here in a couple days. Could some of you provided some advice on where you think they should be mounted? Do you think its necessary to use all 3 or would I be fine with just two of them?

Thank you!

What an amazing tank and fun thread. I stuck my 2 koralia powerheads on the back at the each of the top corners and pointed them at the front, slightly tilted to the middle. I had no idea what to do and Little Fish gave me that advice and it's worked out really well.
I love the trim work you have around the front of your tank too, btw.

Thank you everyone for the advice. It helps a ton.

On to the next project: FISH SELECTION

I have been reading a lot about fish and made myself a little template for ideas. Let me first off say that I will be adding them slowly, allowing the tank to adjust for each new occupant. I welcome your experiences, suggestions, and thoughts regarding this list.

Diamond watchman Goby - peaceful - $16.95 orange or pink spotted

Flame Angelfish - semi-aggressive - $36.99 or any angelfish

Fox face lo - peaceful - $29.99

Saddle puffer - semi-aggressive - $29.99

Mimic Lemon peel Tang - semi-aggressive - $39.99 or bristle tooth, kole yellow eye

Carpenters flasher wrasse - peaceful - $49.99 or other wrasse

Blue and pink sea star - peaceful - $19.99

I need to also develop my order or adding them. Smallest and most peaceful first I believe?

Well here are a few pictures of the newest arrivals. The clown with the white on his tail is new. He came out of the same tank as my first one. These two are side by side from the moment they saw each other. The other is a diamond goby. He has already built a home under a rock.

Attachments

• anemone with clown.jpg
    anemone with clown.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 905
  • gomez.jpg
    gomez.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 788
And here are a few fun pics. Since the tank is in the basement I got a few ways to monitor this due to a suggestion from my brother!

Attachments

• baby monitor tank.jpg
    baby monitor tank.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 948
  • tv baby monitor.jpg
    tv baby monitor.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 948
Power heads came in today. Only put the 2 1400's in for now. Seems to have plenty of flow. This Condy Anemone is very entertaining. Each day is a new surprise with it!

Here is a current picture of the front with the power heads. I only put two of them in there and it seems to be a good amount of flow thus far.

Attachments

• front tank all fish.jpg
    front tank all fish.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4,022
The piping you see in the above picture is from my furnace. I didnt have anything over the back. Also here are a duncan and another coral (forgot the name). I spot fed this duncan for the first time tonight and this was right after. Everything has been eating very well and water parameters have been spot on.

Attachments

• duncan.jpg
    duncan.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,248
  • red coral.jpg
    red coral.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 742
Looks fantastic!! What is the condy doing?

Thank you! He is attached to the more back side of that rock. He catches a ton of food when I feed the fish so he shrinks up and eats it I believe. He is on a tight leash however. People say they will move around and sting and kill corals, so as long has he stays put he has a home here. When he moves he is back to the fish store! :) Im trying to get my clowns to host the seabae anemone but they dont seem interested yet. I put the magnet cleaner where they usually sleep and hope they venture out tonight!

Just went through your build and WOW! AWESOME build for a n00b. Just a personal preference, but I think it's a good habit to acclimate any new corals to your lights. In the beginning I burnt a few pricey corals by putting at the top of my tank. Whoops! Keep up the good work!

Just went through your build and WOW! AWESOME build for a n00b. Just a personal preference, but I think it's a good habit to acclimate any new corals to your lights. In the beginning I burnt a few pricey corals by putting at the top of my tank. Whoops! Keep up the good work!

Good advice! It seems to me that they would all want to be right up to the light, but I know that is not right. I just moved the trumpet to the bottom to see how he does. Also scraped an asteria star off of him! :frustrat:

My seabae nem doesnt seem to eat like the condy. Is that normal? Almost as if it doesnt grab onto the food and pull it in?

Back