75g cedar wrapped reef/16 gallon bow

old 5k0ol

Scurrilous
This is my 75 gallon reef with custom cedar canopy and stand cover.

IMG_5366.jpg
This is our new 16 gallon bowfront (halfway house).
IMG_5396.jpg
Full tank shot
IMG_5362.jpg
30 gallon sump. left to right(cheato,return+scrubber,refugium/rubble)
IMG_5354.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5357.jpg
    IMG_5357.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 423
Here are my inhabitants...

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5390.jpg

anyone know what kind of coral i circled in the last pic?

Attachments

• IMG_5402.jpg
    IMG_5402.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_5400.jpg
    IMG_5400.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_5399.jpg
    IMG_5399.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_3048.JPG
    IMG_3048.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_3034.JPG
    IMG_3034.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 318
I'm not 100% sure about the coral, the photos alittle blurry and looks more like an algea growth than anything.

I however wanted to comment on the Red Knobbed Star, Beautiful creature but whats your soft corals, he is a fan of munching on them.

I don't think the above one is that. LFS called it a cortez star. It's gray, purple with orange bumps.

Last edited:
looks like an sps coral, but im not sure its live anymore.

also your tank isnt a good home for the blue tang, they need huge tanks. Please find him a better home! Also keep an eye on those star fish, i dont think they are reef safe.

but it looks great otherwise!

Thanks for the heads up. I just read the chocolate chip one is for sure. I know the tangs get big but the gf had to have one. We will give it a rightful home before it gets too much bigger.

looks like an sps coral, but im not sure its live anymore.

also your tank isnt a good home for the blue tang, they need huge tanks. Please find him a better home! Also keep an eye on those star fish, i dont think they are reef safe.

but it looks great otherwise!

Fastrd keeps a hippo tang in a 4' tank...

learned about my larger sea star...

"Panamic Cushion Star, Pentaceraster cumingi: The Panamic Cushion Star is characterized by its robust arms covered with bright red spines with an overall grey body. It reaches a maximum size of about 12 inches and is found over sandy bottoms to depths of 500 feet.
The Panamic Cushion Star feeds on microfauna, bethic algae, seagrass and other echinoderms."

Panamic Cushion Star pictures and species identification

Doesn't seem dangerous to my reef.

Actually that means its inclined to eat your other starfish (starfish are echinoderms)

yes i know. he has lived with the chocolate chip star for 4-5 months no problems. I'm sure he has eaten an unfortunate snail or two. But I transferred my choc chip star to my 16g to make sure the corals aren't lunch.

Back