75G Osaka Reef Tank

camps23

Reefing newb
Hi all,
I have a 75G osaka tank with a 40G breeder sump. I have a lifereef overflow and a mag 9.5 return pump. 2 koralia 3's for flow, a finnex 6 bulb T5 light and a vertex illumilux blue LED light strip for accents. In my sump I have three sections, inlet which houses my heater and Deltec MCE-600 Skimmer. Refugium with about 3" of sand and Chaeto. Then my return with an auto top unit from autotopoff.com. I currently have about 90lbs of live rock. My livestock includes: 2 juvenile ocellaris clowns, sand sifting goby, hawkfish, 2 chromis, yellowtang, mandarin dragonet, flame angel, red starfish, crocea clam, and 3 peppermint shrimp.
I have my tank setup in a finished basement up against a wall that is a storage room on the other side. I keep my sump behind the wall and plumbed everything from the tank through the wall and down to the sump. Love the setup as it cuts down on noise being behind the wall. Only noise is the fan on the light fixture and the gurgle of the overflow that I will be making a silencer for in the coming days. I attached a few photos from before I setup the LED's. Let me tell you these LED's are breathtaking. When I first turned them on and all my Rics,mushrooms,zoa's just popped with colors I never saw before I was sold. Also the shimmering affect they produce is breath taking !

Attachments

• SDC10050.jpg
    SDC10050.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 696
  • SDC10051.jpg
    SDC10051.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 405
  • SDC10054.jpg
    SDC10054.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 404
  • SDC10052.jpg
    SDC10052.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 448
  • SDC10053.jpg
    SDC10053.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 385
  • SDC10055.jpg
    SDC10055.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,100
Thanks guys. I have had a bit of a diatom bloom start a few days ago and tested my water and brought it to the LFS to test it and everything looks good. Hopes its just a quick passing phase. Im going to cut back on lighting a bit

Is there a pump in the first chamber from the HOB next to the skimmer, or does the return pump do all the work? I have a room similar and thought of the same set up.

Back