75G startup

They don't need anemones and b/c your tank is so young I would strongly advise you not too. There is also never a guarantee they would even host the nem. Let your tank get some maturity and if you want one later you can always add one.

that's what I was thinking...my husband really wants one but I am trying to convince him that they are a pain in the A$$

we do have tank bred Percula clowns as well and I doubt they would host one

I have three bubble tip anemones and they are really cool creatures. If you set up an area in your tank properly they are great additions (i.e. security for the nem, flow and proper lighting). Stability in your water parameters comes with maturity not only in your tank but with you as well. Tank bred clowns can/do host anemones even though they have never seen one. Like with any clown though they are just as likely to host a coral, a power head, a corner or a magnet.

I will definately be waiting a while for one...another question, I have seen at least 5 amphipods floating around dead the past 2 days

does that sound weird? maybe they died when we moved the rock? all my brittle stars, bristle worms, tube worms and mushrooms are doing great

thanks!! they were swimming together but now they are swimming in different spots

maybe they are getting use to the tank or I am being paranoid

"New Fish Stress" doesn't only apply to fish it applies to us as aquarists too. We sit there stressing, watching every little thing and wondering what is normal and what is not with the new fish. As you learn your fish you will come to know what is normal and abnormal with your fish. Keep asking questions as it is a valuable learning tool.

oh I have asked a lot of questions lol...I did move that rock with the mushroom on it to the lower half of the tank

I might of moved some sand around during the process, it should kick of a cycle right?

so I bought some coral today...only 3 small frags

1 brain coral, 1 hammer coral and a frogspawn which my husband dropped on the carpet :frustrat:

do you think it will be ok? it is closed up now because it's pissed I am sure but I don't see anything hanging off of it

so I tested my calcium level today and it is saying 450-460...is that good?

also got my nitrates down to 5ppm

Last edited:
Back