75g

Nemo12

Reefing newb
Hey guys. I just received a 75g aquarium with Fluval FX5 canister filter. It doesnt have lights or stand. Can someone shoot me specs for building a stand if anyone has them. Also if I am doing FOWLR will the Fluval be fine for filtration?

I cant really help you with the stand stuff, but the canister filters can become a pain because of the maintenance they require. Even if you only have fish, you would be much better served using a protein skimmer.

+1 LF. You should be able to sell that FX5 online somewhere and get enough to buy at least a decent skimmer.

Ok so i can do this one of two ways then from what you are telling me and what i have read. I can crush up LR and put it in the basket along with sponges for big debris, or just use a Protein skimmer and a few power heads... What if i did both?

Both is great, except leave out the sponge or rinse it well every 3-4 days. You will need the powerheads in the tank either way though.Good luck :)

The Coralifes are prone to flooding and overflowing. They are known to be really touchy and sensitive. When they work, they are good. But the floods frustrate a lot of people.

Back