75gph Five Stage RODI system

madlynb

madtaz
I didn't realize, until buying my Typhoon 5 Stage RODI 100gph system, that my 75gph wasn't functioning correctly. My Typhoon 5 produces a barrel of water overnite. My 75gph takes weeks to produce a barrel of water. What's that due to? :question:
I have replaced filters within the last year.

first off, do you mean 75gpD or gpH?
i've never seen one rated for 75 gallons per hour, only day...

i would start by asking what is the incomming water pressure.

there are several things that could cause it, but thats where i would start..

i have also read about some that have some kind of output inhancing devices on them, i dont remember what they were calling them, but it was like an afterthought pump, meaning that it would increase the filtered output and decrease the "waste" output.....

oh, and one other thing that might make a diff, are you measuring the parameters of the output of the old one compared to the new one? if for example, the new one was letting more stuff through, and thus would allow more flow through, it wouldnt be as good of a filter, but it would look(without testing) that it was producing more(even tho its of a lesser quality)

also, if your old one was only putting out (and i'm assuming here when you say a barrel, we're talking about roughly 55 gallons) that the old unit may have been clogged, or may be messed up...

hard to say for sure from here and without more details.

Last edited:
I'd question what the water pressure is at the input to the first stage of your unit. Maybe it's kinda on the low side and water was having a hard time passing through the smaller membrane on the 75 due to it being clogged.

The RO membrane on the 100 gpd unit is larger than the membrane on the 75 so the 100 is going to pass more water through the membrane. You say you replaced the filters on the membrane? Did you replace just the stage filters or did you also replace the RO membrane? Do you know the TDS out of both of your units?

Back